Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Nitro - It Won't Die (Teaser/Lyric) video

5K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  watson503 
#1 ·
Not my cup of tea... but some might enjoy it

#8 ·
only thing I know about nitro is that the singer was in a allegedly abusive marriage with my secret guilty celebrity crush Lita Ford (don't tell my wife) :lol: aside from that this song is definitely not my cup of tea.

#11 ·
I listened to a bit last night and was pretty surprised. Pretty cool that Adler jumped into this, out of all the bands he could have picked. It didn't blow me away but I'll check out some more. I dig that Gillette is doing something different with his voice.

Yeah, from what I've read (including stuff from her kids) is that she's fuckin' nuts and has made it come across like she was the victim in everything.

#23 ·
I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't a lyric video. It's just comical that washed up band that nobody gave a shit about in the first place released a new song about 69's and middle fingers. And I say that as one of the few people that actually bought OFR back in the day. :lol:

I fuckin' love hair metal as much as the rest of us but this stuff sucks balls.

#22 ·
I know I will be getting a lot of hate on this one... but I never gave a fuck about Lyrics... care less if the guy is singing/screaming the most beautiful and meaning poem or his grocery list... to me the voice is an instrument that either I like or not and it happens that I can repeat/memorize what he says like I mimic the Tamtamtam tamtammmm of a guitar.

#24 ·
I'm terrible with listening to lyrics. AIC is my favorite band of all time, Layne's my favorite singer, but I don't know more than half the lyrics to AIC tunes. I've been listening to those songs for 22 years!

It is true though, when I do pick up on some shitty lyrics it'll ruin the song for me, maybe that's why I don't focus on them.

#31 ·
Ok, just for fun I gave this song a fair chance and listened through the whole thing.

THE BAD:
Lyrics... Ok his was honestly the reason i turned it off originally because I cringed so much :lol: so listening again I just filter out lyrical content and focus on how it sounds
But more importantly: LACK OF NITRO TRADEMARK SOUND! I know they wanna be "down with the kids" but why do they have to abondon their old sound completely?
Gamma Ray sounds super modern but still have the important pieces left from Helloweens Walls Of Jericho, and Maiden sounds fairly modern nowadays too, but they had all things going on already in Phantom Of The Opera and that was fucking 1980!!
Lack of CATCHY RIFFS...

THE MEH:
Jim Gilette again. He actually doesn't sound too bad when going for mid-range screeching but it's nothing I wanna hear with Nitro!
The riffs aren't catchy but they aren't super bad either.
Solo aint bad, but serously, this is supposed to be NITRO! I wanna have more solos!!!

THE GOOD:
Wootens bass playing is fucking fantastic. Seriously. I can listen to this song for the bass playing alone. It's not often you actually hear this kind of cool bass lines or slap tones in metal.
Production is pretty good and I dont have a problem with the super slick sound. They make it work, unlike other bands nowadays that just sounds stale.

Ok... So overall, it's not the worst I've ever heard, but I can't say I'm intrigued to hear it again either now after 3 straight listens... And the reason I played it a third time was just to hear the bass again.

#32 ·
Ok, just for fun I gave this song a fair chance and listened through the whole thing.

THE BAD:
Lyrics... Ok his was honestly the reason i turned it off originally because I cringed so much :lol: so listening again I just filter out lyrical content and focus on how it sounds
But more importantly: LACK OF NITRO TRADEMARK SOUND! I know they wanna be "down with the kids" but why do they have to abondon their old sound completely?
Gamma Ray sounds super modern but still have the important pieces left from Helloweens Walls Of Jericho, and Maiden sounds fairly modern nowadays too, but they had all things going on already in Phantom Of The Opera and that was fucking 1980!!
Lack of CATCHY RIFFS...

THE MEH:
Jim Gilette again. He actually doesn't sound too bad when going for mid-range screeching but it's nothing I wanna hear with Nitro!
The riffs aren't catchy but they aren't super bad either.
Solo aint bad, but serously, this is supposed to be NITRO! I wanna have more solos!!!

THE GOOD:
Wootens bass playing is fucking fantastic. Seriously. I can listen to this song for the bass playing alone. It's not often you actually hear this kind of cool bass lines or slap tones in metal.
Production is pretty good and I dont have a problem with the super slick sound. They make it work, unlike other bands nowadays that just sounds stale.

Ok... So overall, it's not the worst I've ever heard, but I can't say I'm intrigued to hear it again either now after 3 straight listens... And the reason I played it a third time was just to hear the bass again.
Did MAB not play on this track? I won't listen to this considering the bad reviews.

#35 ·
It was later revealed that they were working on album with producer Kane Churko, who has previously collaborated with DISTURBED, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, IN THIS MOMENT, HELLYEAH and PAPA ROACH. In addition to producing the disc, Churko was said to be contributing his songwriting talents to the project.
Wait, so if we dump this Churko guy on a desert island somewhere, we'd wipe out 95% of shitty rock/metal music today? :idea:

#38 ·
With a name like that, he sounds ready for the WWE.

Honestly, there couldn't be more than a handful of people who give a shit about Nitro at this point. And I'm pretty sure that select group of people didn't want a bunch of grunty bro-metal. I'm assuming that Jim Gillette can't do the high shrieks anymore, and the Division guys and I all saw in person what MAB's playing really sounds like these days. :ugh:

#39 ·
Bumping this because I forgot how fucking bad this song is, and the interview with MAB highlights how wildly out of touch they are. Somehow or the other, MAB and Gillette bridged over to some of the modern guys (Adler and Churko) and they're probably nice enough that they said "yeah, lets make a modern Nitro album since MAB can play 7-string, Gillette can do death metal vocals now, Adler is going to metal it up and we'll get a modern producer to lay it down".

And the expectation was that it would be an earnest, modern-ish disc (like Body Count's revival) but it turned out the Nitro guys were so hilariously behind the times that you got, well, this. Everything. The lyrics, the composition, the performance, the "lyric video", everything. If Chris Adler and this Churko guy put their name on a disc that sounds even remotely like this, they'd never work in music again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.