SOLDANO IS ALIVE AND WILL BE AT NAMM 2019! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 33

Thread: SOLDANO IS ALIVE AND WILL BE AT NAMM 2019!

  1. #9


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Glasgow - Scotland
    ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

    iTrader: 3 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    So do Hot Rod 100+ drop in price now? Or...
    This, Soldano is a brand id be interested in trying but the prices over here, even more so than in the US are fucking eye watering. SLO would run me over £5k

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #10


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Ohio
    ME: Schecter Loomis 7
    Rig: Boss GT-8

    iTrader: 0

    This is the same company Friedman uses for his distribution so I wouldn't hold my breath about a price drop. It's nice to see that the guy who basically started the modern high gain amplifier gets to keep designing amps. Of course him making this move means every amp made prior to this switch will probably triple in price on the used market.

    Boutique Amps Distribution

    There's their website you can see what they are producing now.
    The only proof he needed for the existance of God was music.
    Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

    Without music, life would be a mistake.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

  4. #11


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Glasgow - Scotland
    ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

    iTrader: 3 (100%)

    well Friedman did bring out a relatively budget lower wattage line which I have no interest in but something like that from Soldano might interest me if I ever get a two notes which I threaten to buy constantly.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #12


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Woodbridge, VA
    ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by ohio_eric View Post
    It's nice to see that the guy who basically started the modern high gain amplifier gets to keep designing amps.
    Eh, that depends on how you define "modern high gain," since I'd argue Randall Smith's cascading gain preamp was the start of that. The Mark IIc+ was out several years before the SLO.
    Noodles

    So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

  7. #13


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Ohio
    ME: Schecter Loomis 7
    Rig: Boss GT-8

    iTrader: 0

    Soldano started the whole 5150/Rectifier type amps that is the backbone of metal in many forms for the last twenty years. The Mark stuff was around longer but other than Metallica most acts before Soldano used Marshalls.

  8. #14


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Manhattan
    ME: Forshage, EBMM
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner
    Rig: Soldano HR25, Mark V:25

    iTrader: 12 (100%)

    Cool! Not super surprising he'd go to the outsourced building model; wouldn't hold my breath on anything getting cheaper, though.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

  9. #15


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Woodbridge, VA
    ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by ohio_eric View Post
    Soldano started the whole 5150/Rectifier type amps that is the backbone of metal in many forms for the last twenty years. The Mark stuff was around longer but other than Metallica most acts before Soldano used Marshalls.
    Dude, you can actually listen to albums from the mid to late 80s and hear where the guitarists ditched their Marshalls for Mesas. I'm not taking away anything from Mike Soldano, but he, just like everyone else, borrowed the cascading gain circuit for his own designs. Amp design is a pretty steady progression like that. We're pretty much all playing hotrodded Fenders.

  10. #16


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Virginia Beach, USA
    ME: ESP Baby Metal
    MB: ESP Horizon 5
    Rig: KR7, 5153, MKIV, UL

    iTrader: 5 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by ohio_eric View Post
    This is the same company Friedman uses for his distribution so I wouldn't hold my breath about a price drop. It's nice to see that the guy who basically started the modern high gain amplifier gets to keep designing amps. Of course him making this move means every amp made prior to this switch will probably triple in price on the used market.

    Boutique Amps Distribution

    There's their website you can see what they are producing now.
    Yeah I don't see the SLO 2 being under $4k and the rest of the models being about the same pricing.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 295
    Last Post: 02-13-2019, 07:56 PM
  2. NAMM 2019: Gibson gives players what they want
    By playstopause in forum Guitar: Instrument Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-23-2019, 02:15 AM
  3. Friedman and Soldano on the Rectifier (Tone Talk Podcast)
    By Jeff in forum General Music Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-18-2018, 07:35 PM
  4. Soldano on the Hot Rod 25, EVH, and Variacs
    By Lopez in forum Guitar: Gear Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-15-2015, 08:59 PM
  5. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 03:18 AM

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge