New BOSS Gear Day
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New BOSS Gear Day

New BOSS Gear Day

Well, not exactly new. It's been a week.

Loop Station is just a simple looper, with up to 12 minutes total time. Bought it to A. get better at looping, because it's fun, and B. for various tweaking of sounds whilst playing, especially microphone position. This will make that a lot easier.

ES-5 is a switcher, and I'm using that for my modeler pedalboard, to both switch pedals and their order, as well as MIDI control the HX Stomp, DD-500, and Eventide H9.

The GP-10 is basically a Variax in a box, but IMHO sounds better. Once you tank the stock presets, the acoustics, 12-strings, basses, etc. sound really amazing. Alternate tunings sound legit. It's a lot of fun. Added bonus is that it does pitch to MIDI conversion too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Nice! Now for chris to appear and troll this thread, like candy man, you've said Boss 3 times.

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Also, the looper idea for tweaking mic positions and other stuff is a genius idea!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    Also, the looper idea for tweaking mic positions and other stuff is a genius idea!
    I canít claim it as my own, but I donít remember where I saw someone do that. Maybe even Ola? But yeah, when itís tough to see the speaker through the grille even with a flash light, itíll help get exactly what Iím looking for.

Plus, itíll make playing with myself easier.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

I've been looking hard at the ES-5. The live rig I'm looking at is my Engl E530 (latching control of channels) and either the Mesa 2:90 (latching options control) or the Randall RT2/50 I re-bought (midi control). And maybe even adding in the Mesa Studio Pre, and using the ES-5 to switch between the Studio and E530. So, having 2 sets of latching controls, plus a midi control, plus a couple loops... not really for pedals but for preamps... is giving me a wet tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I've been looking hard at the ES-5. The live rig I'm looking at is my Engl E530 (latching control of channels) and either the Mesa 2:90 (latching options control) or the Randall RT2/50 I re-bought (midi control). And maybe even adding in the Mesa Studio Pre, and using the ES-5 to switch between the Studio and E530. So, having 2 sets of latching controls, plus a midi control, plus a couple loops... not really for pedals but for preamps... is giving me a wet tip.
    Never thought of it for that, but yeah that would work. Itís a pretty powerful device.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    Nice! Now for chris to appear and troll this thread, like candy man, you've said Boss 3 times.
    I bet it sounds great plugged into his iPad!

There, I did it.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Added bonus is that it does pitch to MIDI conversion too.
    So you can input from the fretboard into a tab programme like GuitarPro?