I really didn't have high hopes when I bought this Entwistle Dark Star bridge pickup (it was only $35 and I saw one a few days later for $25... yeah, I know price doesn't mean much, but when most "name" pups gor for $100-275, it makes ya wonder) but the more I use it the more I like it, and the better I think it fits with the Nazgul in my mixes. It' certainly brighter and has more mids than the Naz, but the two seem to blend together very well. Anyone else ever used one?

Curious what y'all think of the two together. I'm still on the fence of whether to get a different pup to replace this one for recording the OD stuff, but I also really dig how it cleans up (all cleans with the Entwistle):

Here're two samples of it (both songs have the Ent to the right and the Naz to the left):

Not as tight, performance-wise, but same guitars.

For anyone who wants to know, the Naz is in a JS32-7 and the Ent is in a JS22-7. The only real differences in the guitars (aside from pups): 32 has a Jackson Hipshot style bridge, nicer neck (w/binding) and Schaller design locking tuners from All-Parts. Can't imagine those variables are enough to make any noticeable difference when the OD and 6505 gain kick in, but there it is.