Metal Guitarist Forums banner

FRiedman MIC-NO-MO

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·

The Friedman MIC-NO-MO all-analog cabinet simulation box eliminates issues like mic-bleed,
cluttered stages, and inconsistent mic placement. It does it with the popular cabinet simulation
found in our Runt series of amplifiers. Simply place the MIC-NO-MO between your amplifier
and speakers*, select your favorite simulated mic placement, and send the pure sound of your
unique tone to the audience without the headaches associated with using actual microphones.

https://friedmanamplification.com/products2/mic-no-mo

See less See more
#14 ·
Having gigged quite a bit, cab micing on stage is a pain. If you can just plug an XLR into a cab sim (with an IR you really dig), it is truly one less thing you need to worry about when you're about to perform.

Half the reason I bought my Torpedo Live is for this application. It has a passthrough, so I can run the amp through the Torpedo, and go into my cab, but then pass on the mic'd signal through a line-out on the back, and then not at all worry about your tone getting boned by a bad house-mic, it getting kicked over or knocked around, and it makes it easier for the FOH to mix things.

#15 ·
Eh, call me the old curmudgeon here, then, but I've always thought micing an amp live isn't that hard, and you don't need THAT much stage volume to get a great sound out of any of my Mesas. I'd rather just point a SM57 just off the cap.

#16 ·
Eh, call me the old curmudgeon here
Okay, old curmudgeon. :D

You can argue whether or not an analog box like this, or an IR-based solution, or whatever isn't as good as a mic, but I just can't see why you'd prefer a mic on the floor getting knocked around and out of place over a DI. If I were to do a mic, I'd rather go e906 anyway. It's out of the way, and sounds much better than a SM57.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.