I'm new (again) to electric guitar and unfortunately, my wife does not like hearing metal guitar so I'm going to have to spend most of my time playing through headphones and a MacBook. As a plus side, I can do this also in the early morning and evenings without offending neighbors. I'm totally new to this so I'm not sure of the following:
- What interface to use into the MacBook?
- Good recommendations for headphones
- Apps/programs to use for different effects, amps, adding drumbeats/bass etc
- Would I use a pre-amp/pedals going into the interface?
- Am I missing something else?
Thanks in advance for any information. If there is a how to guide somewhere as well, please feel free to point me to it.
/edit I suppose I could have another method of driving headphones out going through the rig and inputing audio from the Mac into it as well? Currently I have a dual rectifier with an overdrive and noise gate.