Scroll Saw/Drill Press/Pneumatic Dead Mans Woodshop style footswitches for guitar?

Thread: Scroll Saw/Drill Press/Pneumatic Dead Mans Woodshop style footswitches for guitar?

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Scroll Saw/Drill Press/Pneumatic Dead Mans Woodshop style footswitches for guitar?

This is an idea I've been kicking around for a while. Basically I was using a scroll saw for some shit and I was like, "This style of footswitch rules, I want one on my pedal board".

For those not into wood/machine working it's basically just this bubble of air you hook up to a wall unit with a hose. They make them in switching versions and in versions that control the amount of current going to whatever is hooked into it (lamp dimmer type thing). The actual footswitch and hose are pretty much the same for all versions, but the wall unit varies in function as an on/off switching sort of thing, or a dimmer sort of thing, or a dead mans style thing or whatever. I've had a spare one on my board forever, thinking of turning it into a volume pedal, but haven't cracked open the wall unit yet to take a look inside.

Am I the only one who has ever thought this? Just wondering. I've used a lot of scroll saws and drill presses that have nicer footswitches than what you can get on guitar. I like the squishy action of the air bubble type.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Bowes Nightbringer 7

I usually have a power extension with a huge button on it that attaches with a magnet to the big angry tool. I can poke it with my knee while keeping both my hands on the material and not taking my eyes off the blade.