Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Incoming Kartakou Collosus

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·

Just ordered a Kartakou Collosus.
Pretty hyped to get it. I've been missing my 6505+. I think this will scratch that itch. The clean channel on the Collosus sounds pretty killer too.

#4 ·
It finally showed up. Gain channel wasn't working at first. It turned out to be some loose tubes from shipping. Build quality is excellent. It uses momentary relays for channel switching, so I can't use my G Major 2 to switch channels. Luckily had a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher to deal with that. Only got to play it at low volume, but it sounds on par with the 6505+ I used to have. Can't wait to crank it up.

#11 ·
I've got a Warmer, which is one of my favorite TS808 variations. I've also had the beastbox but when I went to a more multi effects type setup I sold it. Both were solid in terms of sound and build quality.

#16 ·
Anyone know how different the E530 is to the 5150 sound? I feel like they're pretty close. It may be redundant of me to get this preamp and load it into a rack right next to an actual E530 :lol:

BTW, the rig I'm working on is an E530, a Mesa Studio Preamp, and a Mesa 2:90, hopefully the pre's will work with a loop switcher, which I still need to test...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.