Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Do AC15s handle fuzzy/stoner sounds well?

809 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MFB 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy my first amp and I've been looking at an AC15 for a while now, I love their classic rock tones and when I've played through software emulations of them, I've found that I can get a satisfying stoner rock/doom sound out of them, but I know software and real life can differ quite a bit. I know the standard advice for stoner and especially doom would be to buy an Orange, and while I love Orange's doom tones, I don't care much for their less aggressive classic rock tones, plus the only Oranges I can afford are the solid state ones, and I'd really prefer a tube amp (I'm looking at used AC15s, they're at the very upper limit of my price limit. I know OR15s can be had for similar amounts of money, but I wouldn't have the money to buy a cab.) So does anyone here have any experience trying to get stoner/doom tones out of Vox amps, and if so, what would you recommend?vidmate mobdro word counter

#3 ·
What I've found while looking at making a decent bedroom rig for doom, its more about playing it loud through a 2/4x12 and just getting the air moving. I've seen videos of people cranking Micro Darks just fine for doom, so it all depends how you run the amp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.