Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NPD - Compressor edition and an EQ pedal question

700 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·
Picked up a TC Electronic HyperGravity Mini Pedal.
Really like it clean and was quite surprised how good it sounded with dirt and full blown Distortion. I was thinking that I would only use it with cleans but I may be an "on most of the time" pedal.

Have not messed with any tone prints yet but there have a ton available and the editor looks pretty interesting.

Now my EQ question.
I would like an EQ pedal. I would prefer something with a smaller footprint, but am wondering if any of the mini EQ pedals offer a wide enough range on the sliders or are super fussy to adjust.

Basically I want something that can brighten up my clean tone a bit. My Orange doesn't have any adjustable eq for the clean channel and I would like something that could squeeze (HAHA ORANGE) a few different sounds out of it.

#2 ·
Interesting it doesn't mess with distorted sounds, that's certainly a plus. I used to use some compression on lead sounds back in the day but got away from it when I started using less gain. Now I just want some for clean stuff.

As for an EQ pedal, I've got no experience with anything outside of the Boss GE-7, which I loved and got a TON of use out of. Actually, I have zero clue what happened to that pedal now that I think about it. I know there are a lot of options out there, but I'd have no problem buying one again, especially since Monte Allums has a mod kit for it to get it working quieter.

#4 ·
Yeah I don't want to bother with anything noisey. The comp on dirt gives it just a touch more oomph.. I am not squashing things too much just enough for a bit of sustain.

Leon thanks I was thinking just get the 10 band but wasn't sure how good the 6 band is.

I am about done for pedals sans eq (for now...) So remaining space may not be an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.