Best cab/speakers for EVH 50w?

Thread: Best cab/speakers for EVH 50w?

Rig: 6505MH

Best cab/speakers for EVH 50w?

Self explanatory title - what cabs or speakers have you found work best with the EVH 50w? I’m not looking for a 4x12 in any event.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez S970CW
    Rig: 6505+ Head and Cab

In my 212 I had a v30 and a creamback. Sounded really good.
    "I'm really not going to change to something else just because SSD4 fucks with my ass right now."

- Rocka_Rollas

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

I've played a bunch of speakers and owned a few cabs, and for me I always come back to a 2x12 or a 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30s. They're the standard for a reason.

Also if you haven't heard, Thomann is selling Harley Benton vertical 2x12s right now at a loss with Celestion 30s in them. Not sure how long that deal is going to last, but this kind of cab is unheard of under $300, where they've priced it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez S970CW
    Rig: 6505+ Head and Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I've played a bunch of speakers and owned a few cabs, and for me I always come back to a 2x12 or a 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30s. They're the standard for a reason.

Also if you haven't heard, Thomann is selling Harley Benton vertical 2x12s right now at a loss with Celestion 30s in them. Not sure how long that deal is going to last, but this kind of cab is unheard of under $300, where they've priced it.
    I always forget the Harley Benton stuff is out there. Less than $300 canadian for a v30 loaded 212. That's my next cab for sure

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Best cab/speakers for EVH 50w?-cab-4-jpg

Also keep an eye out for used Carvin Legacy 4x12s, I got mine at a GC for $300 and got 4 British V30s, then bought oversize 2x12s made of 13 ply birch and ended up with two cabs.

Best cab/speakers for EVH 50w?-cab-2-jpgBest cab/speakers for EVH 50w?-cab-1-jpgBest cab/speakers for EVH 50w?-cab-6-jpg
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action