Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Sweetwater Store

1K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  WombCannon 
#1 ·
So next weekend, I might take a drive and head to the Sweetwater store. Im gassing for a 5150 III 50watt and I really want to a/b the el34 version vs the 6l6 version and hell, its just something to do. Its 3hrs one way so its not that awful of a drive for me.

With that being said, would anybody be interested in seeing a video log of this adventure? There are some videos online of their store but nothing that really focuses on the guitar aspect. Let me know if anybody is interested and if so, what you guys want to see.

#4 ·
I always had a blast. Played tons of gear, saw lots of cool talks from guys like Alan Parsons to Devin Townsend (got both their signatures, btw, Parsons on an SM57 and Townsend's on a reverb pedal :lol: ). Crowds can get rough midday Saturday, but eh. Not nearly as bad as the crowds at a rock festival :)

#6 ·
Also make sure to call to their store and see if they have both those amps. Or maybe they can set them up for you. It's been a few years since I've done a GearFest (OMG Leon the pork sandwich) but the crowds aren't bad...plenty of time to check things out.

#11 ·
I also did a few of those gear fests...I enjoyed em. I've been busy last couple of years but depending on who's gonna be there I'll probably go. Getting to be near the front to be able to listen to Devin Townsend talk about his gear and how he thinks about music was awesome. But I also visited Sweetwater just to check out the store part of it...it's definitely cool. Not a Guitar Center vibe at all. The sales person in the store I don't think even bothered me. And hell when I was there with Leon one time one of those sales engineers checked out one of my KxKs that I had with me. It's definitely an awesome vibe there.

#12 ·
Very cool to hear. Ill be heading there Saturday for sure. Especially since I actually pulled the trigger on something because I was able to get 0% financing and that promo ended today (I can afford to pay in full but i sort of don't want to...if that makes sense lol). Im using my purchase as an excuse to pick it up and thus, dick around and check shit out. Details will come soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.