Metal Guitarist Forums banner

New amp day: Roland Microcube GX (birthday special)

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Rocka_Rollas 
#1 ·
Since my girlfriend built her own guitar (called Arsestick :flex: ) she's been borrowing my old Roland Microcube the last year or so.
And since we play together I'm usually amp-less (in the living room). She's learning the basics but it's fun to see her progress from barely playing a note to now playing melodies on all three strings (yes, Arsestick only has 3 strings).

So to make myself audiable when jamming out she got me a brand new Roland GX as 30 year birthday present :flex:

It's fun and I like the programmable presets, compared to the old version.
Now you can store the gain, volume, tone, effects and delay/reverb on each amp model.

The only thing keeping this thing from being perfect is the ability to connect a footswitch to it... I may look into if that's DIY-able! :lol:

TONE?!?!?!? YES LETS TALK BORING SHIT!!!

The new version has "amp volume" and "master volume" which can secretly be used to tailor the tone.

If anybody gets this miniamp; be sure to set the AMP VOLUME pretty high and the MASTER VOLUME LOW.
Doing it the otther way around will result in a quite farty sound. Maybe that's your thing, you gotta try it out yourself.

Anyway great thing to have whenever I feel like just ROCKING THE FUCK OUT at any time so I don't have to start my Kemper, interface and computer to get ROCKING!

Very appreciated birthday gift of course!!!!

:flex:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.