Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Wilkinson LOCKING Tremolo Bridge Replacement for Gotoh 510

11K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
Just saw this on FB, some might be interested on it. Pete Thorn has been prototyping it for some time now.

Its not just an Unboxing video.

#5 ·
Very nice. Good to see all these improved non locking trems being used. I have tried many incarnations of the locking trem and think I am going to go non locking again. I had a Jackson PC2 years ago with a Wilkinson trem and as I remember I had to tune it less that the Floyd and Edge trems I had as long as I put 1 drop of oil on the nut like twice a year, and it never got under my hand ( large hands)... it also had locking tuners, which kick ass for string changes.

I like how in the video he still had to tune it lolol.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

#10 ·
Looks cool, but I wouldn't replace a 510 with one. I have like 4 or 5 510's and they all stay in tune just fine. I love those things.
They do seem to be everywhere now too. The ones they put on those Ibanez AZ Prestige models have titanium saddles and Charvel has that as well as upgraded brass block on the USA DK24s. A bunch of people make the brass block for them too.

I like the non locking Floyd, and they also have upgraded blocks available, its just too bad they require cutting wood out.

#17 ·
I am trying to be nice

English isn't even my first language :)

Maybe I can learn some grammar, and bigdave can learn what a locking vs non-locking bridge is :)

EVEYRBODY HAPPY, EVERYBODY LEARNS NEW STUFF! :flex:
First, I well know the difference and did not mean that piece of shit you went on about. Some of us are old and dont buy or consider trash guitar parts, your 30 now so maybe that will develops. I shop at Flord Roses site baby, see links below.

https://floydrose.com/collections/tremolos/Non-Fine-Tuner

https://floydrose.com/products/frpftb?variant=29837598674

#21 ·
Can't tell from the picture and I'm at work so watching the video is tough - do the saddles merely lock in place on the body of the bridge, or do the strings actually get bolted into the saddle like a Floyd?

Either way, I love the Wilkinson VS100, but the Gotoh 510 trem is supposed to be great as well, and has the same basic style arm holder, which is part of what I like about it. I'm sure this is a great trem - it has to be, with its lineage.

#22 ·
Can't tell from the picture and I'm at work so watching the video is tough - do the saddles merely lock in place on the body of the bridge, or do the strings actually get bolted into the saddle like a Floyd?
The screw on top of the saddle locks the string in place, functionally like a Floyd saddle, but from another angle. :)

(I haven't watched the video either, but I am VERY sure that's how it works by looking at the thumbnail)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.