Thread: Wilkinson LOCKING Tremolo Bridge Replacement for Gotoh 510

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    I am trying to be nice

English isn't even my first language

Maybe I can learn some grammar, and bigdave can learn what a locking vs non-locking bridge is

EVEYRBODY HAPPY, EVERYBODY LEARNS NEW STUFF!
    First, I well know the difference and did not mean that piece of shit you went on about. Some of us are old and dont buy or consider trash guitar parts, your 30 now so maybe that will develops. I shop at Flord Roses site baby, see links below.

https://floydrose.com/collections/tr...Non-Fine-Tuner

https://floydrose.com/products/frpft...nt=29837598674
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Besides all that, it is awesome to see all these great choices comeing out. This thread makes me want to consider doing a build with one of these.

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Überschall View Post
    I didn't watch the vid. What's the point of a locking bridge with no fine tuners and no locking nut?
    The string simply doesn't move in the saddle when you do crazy divebombs n shit, that is always a benefit

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    First, I well know the difference and did not mean that piece of shit you went on about. Some of us are old and dont buy or consider trash guitar parts, your 30 now so maybe that will develops. I shop at Flord Roses site baby, see links below.

https://floydrose.com/collections/tr...Non-Fine-Tuner

https://floydrose.com/products/frpft...nt=29837598674
    I'm sure the non-fine tuner bridge is all fine it's still a locking bridge tho hehe

So I suspect "the thing" you don't like is the "locking nut", right?

Because you seem to like both non-locking and locking bridges, but without fine-tuners simply.

Some guitarists have actually had non-finetuner bridges, WITH a locking nut.
    I seriously do NOT get that, but seems to be there preference

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Can't tell from the picture and I'm at work so watching the video is tough - do the saddles merely lock in place on the body of the bridge, or do the strings actually get bolted into the saddle like a Floyd?

Either way, I love the Wilkinson VS100, but the Gotoh 510 trem is supposed to be great as well, and has the same basic style arm holder, which is part of what I like about it. I'm sure this is a great trem - it has to be, with its lineage.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Can't tell from the picture and I'm at work so watching the video is tough - do the saddles merely lock in place on the body of the bridge, or do the strings actually get bolted into the saddle like a Floyd?
    The screw on top of the saddle locks the string in place, functionally like a Floyd saddle, but from another angle.

(I haven't watched the video either, but I am VERY sure that's how it works by looking at the thumbnail)

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    The screw on top of the saddle locks the string in place, functionally like a Floyd saddle, but from another angle.

(I haven't watched the video either, but I am VERY sure that's how it works by looking at the thumbnail)

Interesting.