Load boxes for 150 watt amps. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Load boxes for 150 watt amps.

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Sunn

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    live i'd do an axe fx, take the output (should be able to grab the direct feed) and run it into a FR solid sate power amp like a matrix. Even with that you may well still be able to run a feed of cab sim to FoH from the unit, ands use matrix through a cab for on stage cmoinitoring
    This seems a little OTT for what I'm looking for, I'd prefer an all in one solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    When I was feeling saucy, I ran my Triple Recto thru my Torpedo Live (100w) up to 1:00 - 2:00 without any issues.

If you're using modern high gain amps, it shouldn't be a problem. If you're using vintage-style amps that requires power amp dirt, then yeah, get a Torpedo Studio, Torpedo Reload, or that Boss Waza deal.
    Yeah, my sunn is my main and that's all about poweramp breakup. I've looked at the Waza and it looks pretty interesting even if it has a bunch of features I don't really need, on a similar note the UA OX looks, or rather sounds good but you're stuck with a lot of cabs I'd never use and I don't think you can add 3rd party IRs

The Torpedo Reload is looking interesting though, it has an attenuator built in which is cool. As far as I can tell it just doesn't have the built in cab sims?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

The Torpedo Reload uses the same loadbox as the Torpedo Studio, just without all the IR loader and extra features. It also has a built-in DI and reamping capabilities. So if you're gonna do everything in your DAW, i think the reload is perfect for you.

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. S View Post
    This seems a little OTT for what I'm looking for, I'd prefer an all in one solution.

Yeah, my sunn is my main and that's all about poweramp breakup. I've looked at the Waza and it looks pretty interesting even if it has a bunch of features I don't really need, on a similar note the UA OX looks, or rather sounds good but you're stuck with a lot of cabs I'd never use and I don't think you can add 3rd party IRs

The Torpedo Reload is looking interesting though, it has an attenuator built in which is cool. As far as I can tell it just doesn't have the built in cab sims?
    Torpedo reload is cool, but asd you said, no sims in it. Now, if you want an attenuator, that's cool, also is a reamp box.

For recording though, youi'll ghet latency when running into it, then through a vst plugin to get the sound. And that is annoying.

However, here's one for you, the THD hotplates have a max rating of 185w, so you could just find one of those for live use, they shouldn't be that expensive to find second hand.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    When I was feeling saucy, I ran my Triple Recto thru my Torpedo Live (100w) up to 1:00 - 2:00 without any issues.
    I couldn't get my Triple rec to work with the Torpedo Captor. It totally choked the tone of it, which it did not do for any of my other amps. The 150w cap on the new Boss expander was interesting for me, but when the price hit $1300 I said no to it.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Maybe you can get two 100w attenuators, something electronically simple like the Weber's, and run two in parallel? That ought to cut the power. The voltage will be the same, but the current should halve. Please talk to an amp tech first before trying. This is a half-brained idea, and I'm a quart low on coffee and sleep

ME: Authentic Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul

The Rockcrusher is good for 120W. That means 120W RMS all day long.

The Rockcrusher Recording has the same capability but also has an input power meter, meaning that you can crank all the way to 120W average (with up to 150W peaks) and know that you're not damaging the equipment. Plus you get all the recording outputs to give you an all-in-one solution.

Plus, the Rockcrusher is absolutley kick ass and sounds awesome. And is purple.

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Sunn

I've been watching far to many youtube videos on this shit, god I hate gear demos... I think I want the Boss as well now.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

I think this calls for an Ola Testing Shit series on direct/load boxes!