Load boxes for 150 watt amps. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Load boxes for 150 watt amps.

ME: Caparison/Parker
    Rig: Sweet FA

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Maybe you can get two 100w attenuators, something electronically simple like the Weber's, and run two in parallel? That ought to cut the power. The voltage will be the same, but the current should halve. Please talk to an amp tech first before trying. This is a half-brained idea, and I'm a quart low on coffee and sleep
    Assuming the amp has two speaker outs, there's no problem in doing this. Just run one into the DAW. No different to running a pair of 100w cabs with it.
    I'm so metal I shit bats

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Assuming the amp has two speaker outs, there's no problem in doing this. Just run one into the DAW. No different to running a pair of 100w cabs with it.
    You complete me.

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Sunn

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. S View Post
    I've been watching far to many youtube videos on this shit, god I hate gear demos... I think I want the Boss as well now.
    I went with the Boss.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    When I was feeling saucy, I ran my Triple Recto thru my Torpedo Live (100w) up to 1:00 - 2:00 without any issues.
    YMMV. I had a very different experience. Granted, the Captor is lower end than the Live, but my experience was that the captor neutered the tone of my triple and caused my triple to spontaneously turn off. Not a good sign! Had it checked and no permanent damage, but it sent me looking for lower wattage solutions for the recto sound b/c I truly love the sound through the Captor recorded.