Load boxes for 150 watt amps.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Load boxes for 150 watt amps.

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Sunn

Load boxes for 150 watt amps.

Both of my guitar amps are 150 watt and I love running them flat out, obviously this is rarely practical... or appreciated. This is more for me playing at home direct into my DAW so built in cab simulations aren't really needed as I've got some pretty decent IRs and am going to grab some of my cabs next time I'm in the studio, I wouldn't mind if there was the ability to load 3rd party IRs onto said unit for live use but it's not a big concern.

My main problem is that most if not all of the units I come across only go up to 100 watts and while I'm aware that I could just not crank it, that sort of defeats the point for me. If I don't have the option to run shit wide open and saturate the shit out of the output valves why even bother.

So, what are my options?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

150w loadbox, built in cab sim stuff and sounds absolutely awesome, and it allows you to use custom or purchased IRs:

https://www.two-notes.com/torpedo-studio

Had mine 4? years now, and love it.

I feel like a numpty now, you mentioned this the other day and I thought you were on about the 'Live', which is 100w. I don't know how I missed this one.

I guess the only thing it doesn't do is attenuate which means it wouldn't be great for live, but otherwise it ticks all the boxes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter Blackjack
    Rig: ENGL Thunder

That also looks interesting, cheers dude.

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. S View Post
    I feel like a numpty now, you mentioned this the other day and I thought you were on about the 'Live', which is 100w. I don't know how I missed this one.

I guess the only thing it doesn't do is attenuate which means it wouldn't be great for live, but otherwise it ticks all the boxes.
    live i'd do an axe fx, take the output (should be able to grab the direct feed) and run it into a FR solid sate power amp like a matrix. Even with that you may well still be able to run a feed of cab sim to FoH from the unit, ands use matrix through a cab for on stage cmoinitoring

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    live i'd do an axe fx, take the output (should be able to grab the direct feed) and run it into a FR solid sate power amp like a matrix. Even with that you may well still be able to run a feed of cab sim to FoH from the unit, ands use matrix through a cab for on stage cmoinitoring
    Basically this. I was thinking of doing this with my Torpedo Live... running the Line Out to a SS power amp, then to a full range cab, or more likely just a monitor or two.

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

When I was feeling saucy, I ran my Triple Recto thru my Torpedo Live (100w) up to 1:00 - 2:00 without any issues.

If you're using modern high gain amps, it shouldn't be a problem. If you're using vintage-style amps that requires power amp dirt, then yeah, get a Torpedo Studio, Torpedo Reload, or that Boss Waza deal.