Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Fane Speakers?

Tags
fane speakers
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  drtedtan 
#1 ·
So I'm in the market for new speakers for both my VH-140C combo and the Babs-Cab (a sick super old school front loaded metal grilled '80s Carvin 4x12 Sean, who never visits here anymore, sold me a long time ago).

And you know, going through all the usual suspects. Celestion, Eminence. Maybe if I find a really good deal Electro-Voice.

Anyways, the point is those are the brands everyone knows. At least here in the states, or with the people I hang out with, I never hear anyone mention Fane speakers. I've wanted to try them for quite a while, but compared to the brands mentioned above opinions on them, especially for metal, are fucking hard to find.

What's the deal, anyone familiar?

https://www.fane-acoustics.com/

#2 ·
Fanes were famous for being in some of the Hiwatt and other cabs. They're now in some sort of ownership relationship with Fryette and show up in Steve's amp designs. No idea how they sound.

#4 ·
Gilmour has used Fane Crescendo's for many moons. If it's good enough for Gilmour, it's good for anybody.
Yeah, I'm aware that even if they aren't as well known as Celestion that's the context they are primarily known in. Hi-watt 70s Brit rock. But they have a lot of newer speakers I am interested in too, not just their classic designs.

Did not know about Fryette. He switched from P50Es? VHT (when it was still actually VHT, and not bought out by some Chinese company) used to use those in most of their cab designs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.