Fane Speakers?

Thread: Fane Speakers?

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Fane Speakers?

So I'm in the market for new speakers for both my VH-140C combo and the Babs-Cab (a sick super old school front loaded metal grilled '80s Carvin 4x12 Sean, who never visits here anymore, sold me a long time ago).

And you know, going through all the usual suspects. Celestion, Eminence. Maybe if I find a really good deal Electro-Voice.

Anyways, the point is those are the brands everyone knows. At least here in the states, or with the people I hang out with, I never hear anyone mention Fane speakers. I've wanted to try them for quite a while, but compared to the brands mentioned above opinions on them, especially for metal, are fucking hard to find.

What's the deal, anyone familiar?

https://www.fane-acoustics.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Forshage, EBMM
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner
    Rig: Soldano HR25, Mark V:25

Fanes were famous for being in some of the Hiwatt and other cabs. They're now in some sort of ownership relationship with Fryette and show up in Steve's amp designs. No idea how they sound.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

Gilmour has used Fane Crescendo's for many moons. If it's good enough for Gilmour, it's good for anybody.
    "It's ONE WHOLE MILLIMETER"

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Fanes were famous for being in some of the Hiwatt and other cabs. They're now in some sort of ownership relationship with Fryette and show up in Steve's amp designs. No idea how they sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    Gilmour has used Fane Crescendo's for many moons. If it's good enough for Gilmour, it's good for anybody.
    Yeah, I'm aware that even if they aren't as well known as Celestion that's the context they are primarily known in. Hi-watt 70s Brit rock. But they have a lot of newer speakers I am interested in too, not just their classic designs.

Did not know about Fryette. He switched from P50Es? VHT (when it was still actually VHT, and not bought out by some Chinese company) used to use those in most of their cab designs.

They're in a lot of older Laney cabinets, as well. I have one in a Laney AOR combo that I like quite a bit; it's smoother than the typical Celestion sound. No experience with the new ones, though.