Axe FX Standard? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Axe FX Standard?

ME: Swampcaster
    MA: Fender Sonoran
    MB: Squier Active Jazz 5
    Rig: Rectoverb 50

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    This, pretty much. I have no doubt you can get some great sounds out of a Standard, but I think the Rectoverb is going to hold value a lot better than a Standard will, a decade down the line.

Is there anything your Rectoverb isn't doing that you think the Standard would?
    Make setup times quicker, eliminate the need for cabinets at a lot of gigs, make it much easier for the whole band to move to in ear monitoring and carry our own monitoring rig, and patch changes linked to our drummer's click track so I can flail around stage more.

RHLC East Coast President

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

I can see how that would be very handy, if not that trade sell the same gear and get a AX8 used? Does that sync with the rest of the system? And it gives you floor control if you want, or leave it off the stage.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    I can see how that would be very handy, if not that trade sell the same gear and get a AX8 used? Does that sync with the rest of the system? And it gives you floor control if you want, or leave it off the stage.
    Yeah, i've kinda moved towards either the Ax8 or an Axe II. I think I could make due with a Standard or Ultra but I don't think I would be as happy with them as I initially thought. I have my rig up for sale now, hopefully it will move soon enough that I can have a digital rig before our next show.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Blackmachine
    Rig: Helix/Matrix/Zilla

What's the pricing like over there for all the 'bigger' units?

Axe/Kemper/Helix?

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlysins View Post
    Yeah, i've kinda moved towards either the Ax8 or an Axe II. I think I could make due with a Standard or Ultra but I don't think I would be as happy with them as I initially thought. I have my rig up for sale now, hopefully it will move soon enough that I can have a digital rig before our next show.
    Sounds like a good move, if you still need stage volume for certain gigs then I'd just get a few cheaper used monitors for those gigs and rock the in-ear systems at the others. Easily can get decent but cheaper used monitors for the whole band for probably 5-800. Much easier to find pretty good used PA equipment than good guitar equipment because there a lot of proffesionial applications for PA equipment. I got one of my soundboards from a church, another from a repo company, and a pair of monitors from a guy who accidentally bought unpowered monitors for his man cave and didn't want to mess with a power amp. Also sound production companies are consistently upgrading their rigs and are generally pretty generous when pricing what they are selling.

Actually, it looks like i'm going with a Kemper. Had a buddy offer to sell me his for $1k and for that price I really can't refuse. Got the Mesa and the case up for sale. I think I will be pretty happy with the Kemper but I guess I could always sell it or trade it for an Axe II if I don't.