pedal switchers. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pedal switchers.

ME: KxK customs
    Rig: Verellen Amps

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    EH also has this out, which isn't what you want in a single box, but is specifically intended for rigs that have multiple fuzz pedals. Looks likd fun.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...parallel-mixer

But yeah, difficult to say what's best without knowing the exact routing you want.

basically i need something that will allow me to create presets, control the stereo in/out, assign pedals to outputs 1 or 2 or both.

the ehx doesn't do that so far as i can tell, i emailed them and they ignored me. the boss looks like it does it. most of the other stuff in this thread is just on the wrong side of the features i need. which is a bummer because a lot of it looks awesome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Squidbeard View Post
    basically i need something that will allow me to create presets, control the stereo in/out, assign pedals to outputs 1 or 2 or both.

the ehx doesn't do that so far as i can tell, i emailed them and they ignored me. the boss looks like it does it. most of the other stuff in this thread is just on the wrong side of the features i need. which is a bummer because a lot of it looks awesome.
    The Boss ES-8 Deep Dive is the one you are talking about, right?

You'll probably just have to get one of those dude.

I don't think another company offers everything you want in a single box with the same functionality.

Sound Sculpture is also known for making the kind of shit you want.

https://www.soundsculpture.com/products

For what you want I'd say you either have to compromise on a less complex solution, or shell out for something on the level of the BOSS.

I mean, if it's a large proprietary routing box with point to point wiring going on inside, one of the boutique companies might be able to do something for slightly cheaper, but you won't get anything with the on the fly configurability of the BOSS for less than the BOSS.

The Sound Sculpture stuff is actually probably more expensive than the BOSS. But maybe you could get an older one used.

ME: Ibanez RG3120
    MA: Breedlove Pursuit Concert
    MB: Ibanez SRFF805
    Rig: Mesa/Boogie Road King

You can snag an ES-8 for under $500 nowadays. I got mine last month for $450 shipped to me. Not 100% sure about all the stereo capabilities since I only run mono, but it seems to do everything else you mentioned.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

This is literally why people buy multiFX units. Why spend a bunch of scratch to automate pedal switching when you can spend a whole lot less and just get a 1U effects unit? It's not like the crowd at gigs is going to be able to tell the difference, and it's not like you're recording with the multiFX.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    This is literally why people buy multiFX units. Why spend a bunch of scratch to automate pedal switching when you can spend a whole lot less and just get a 1U effects unit? It's not like the crowd at gigs is going to be able to tell the difference, and it's not like you're recording with the multiFX.
    but who will sniff the corks if not me?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    The Boss ES-8 Deep Dive is the one you are talking about, right?

You'll probably just have to get one of those dude.

I don't think another company offers everything you want in a single box with the same functionality.

Sound Sculpture is also known for making the kind of shit you want.

https://www.soundsculpture.com/products

For what you want I'd say you either have to compromise on a less complex solution, or shell out for something on the level of the BOSS.

I mean, if it's a large proprietary routing box with point to point wiring going on inside, one of the boutique companies might be able to do something for slightly cheaper, but you won't get anything with the on the fly configurability of the BOSS for less than the BOSS.

The Sound Sculpture stuff is actually probably more expensive than the BOSS. But maybe you could get an older one used.
    i've resigned myself to this truth but i wanted to hivemind it just in case someone knew better. at that price it's not in the cards for some time.

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

What about a GCX switcher and a basic MIDI pedal? It won't be floor based, but I think the GCX can handle your routing requirements and you could get the floor footprint pretty small. They can also be found for $250-300 used. The MIDI pedal can be nearly anything, just depends how much control you want on the fly. GCPro's can be found for the same prices.

Voodoo Lab - GCX Audio Switcher
    "It's ONE WHOLE MILLIMETER"

i literally just traded my GCX swither for a bunch of pedals last week
    Spoiler
    Jesus dies at the end....