Set up a pretty simple board today.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Set up a pretty simple board today.

ME: Washburn N7
    Rig: Peavey 5150

Set up a pretty simple board today.

So Iíve actually never built a pedalboard. Kind of always just had a mishmosh of pedals sitting around and daisy chained and all that nonsense. Iím not a huge pedal guy to begin with mostly just ODís and a gate, but figured I might as well do something decent so Iím not constantly messing with cables and power supplies and I can just plug in and use what I want. Still have a couple of spaces on here and one is reserved for my Bloody Murder that I let a buddy borrow to check out. May add a phase or a chorus or something, or take one pedal off and maybe throw an HX Stomp on there. So here it is Temple board with Walrus Aetos power supply, a pitch black tuner, Tremonti wah, Highwind Direwolf, Bodenhamer behemoth DS1, Decimator, Carbon Copy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Those boards look super handy, I like that mount system.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Former Temple board owner here. I think they're bar-none the snazziest looking board out there -- super slick looking. If you're not going to be replacing pedals anytime soon, they're great. However what I didn't like about them was 1) I felt nickel-and-dimed every time I needed a new metal pad. The board itself is super cheap, but if you want to attach any pedals to it, it's more $ for each pad. Then if you decide to change a pedal out, they're really hard to get off, you can damage the underside of the pedal because of how powerful the 3M sticky pad they use is, and you have to replace it with another 3M sticky pad, though you can get a bunch of the stuff at your local hardware store and cut it to shape.

Their pads also don't fit Boss pedals all too well, so I had to modify two Boss pedals when I put them on my old Temple board. Having said that, I still think they look fantastic and are amazingly functional, for someone who rarely ever changes their board.

EDIT: Didn't even see the MT15 at first. Awesome amp!! Easily my favorite lunchbox amp and it is the loudest little monster.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Yeah I can see where youíre coming from, Vince. I donít really mind having to buy new quick connects to add a new pedal as they only cost like $3.50, but its not like you can just go grab a couple. At least at the moment GC doesnít even stock them. I do agree about sticking them on the pedals, though. In some cases you have to remove existing pads and I can also see these possibly damaging the paint on expensive pedals if you had to peel them off. Especially being that most of us end up selling half the pedals we buy. Lol. I honestly think it would have been better if they had used Velcro on the pads. That would have also added a little height between the pedal and the pad that way you wouldnít have to rip off existing pads on the pedals.

And yeah the MT15 rips. I donít even use the Panama anymore. I do play the MT15 through the Panama cab. That Fender the MT15 is sitting on is my bass combo amp. Lol

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

And yeah the MT15 rips. I don’t even use the Panama anymore. I do play the MT15 through the Panama cab.
    The MT15 is the most underrated amp in the business. It easily hangs with my JP2C at about 1/4th the price. I'm surprised more people aren't playing it.

I think itís been pretty well received. A lot of guys have complained about hum in the loop. I donít have any issue. I love the thing. Itís loud as balls, but a lot easier to run in my house than my 120 watt 5150 and it sounds almost as badass.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

How do you like the Tremonti wah? I've had one for like 10 years now, and it's always been good enough that I've never bothered to replace it

ME: Robin Medley Special
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Mesa

Thanks to this thread, I now want a Temple Audio board. Off to Reverb!
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club ©