"Oh, those jazz guys are just making that stuff up!" - Homer J. Simpson

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
    There is so much shit there they would make way more money not doing it all at one auction, spacing it out into several. Bidding is not as competitive when there is like, 12 of everything.

Nonetheless, everything will get bought, there are a lot of dudes out there who think Aja is the greatest album of all time.

I might even bid on one or two lots. Some of the estimates are low. The estimate of $300-500 on the Greco triple humbucker LP is like....... not even the non Walter Becker ones go for that anymore.

Also, this.....

If that goes for anywhere close to $300, I'll buy it.

That would go for at least $700 on ebay without the Steely Dan connection. Not only are those awesome guitars, you never see the ones in that color come up for sale.

The estimates on the more well known shit like Gibson aren't hard to do, but some of the more obscure stuff makes me think these guys know fuck all about guitars.

That Alembic 6 string baritone with an estimate at $1000-2000. Yeah, that's not going for anywhere near $1k unless someone gets really lucky.

Some of the 70s Ibanez stuff there has estimates that are ridiculously good deals too. $400 for a Rocket Roll Bass in Korina? The bass's aren't as desirable as the guitars, but that's still a hell of a deal.

If their low estimates are at all accurate, there is a ridiculous number of good deals there on anything that isn't ultra well known.

I'm assuming whoever did this one didn't know 48th Street Customs = ESP.

In that color, with that provenance? Fucking killer piece. How the fuck that is one of the few lots with no bids is a mystery to me.

$500 for that? Even without the provenance that's a great deal.

If their estimates for what they will go for are even kind of accurate, there are deals there that would be like, fucking legendary to find in pawn shops.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Forshage, EBMM
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner
    Rig: Soldano HR25, Mark V:25

Well, there's just over 3 weeks left on the auctions. Plenty of time to get bid up.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: Fender Telecasters
    MA: Emerald X20 Artisan
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Mk IVa / Hartke HyDrive 2

Remember, the auction hit is 25% above selling price, then another 3%, then shipping. Still though, there is Don Mare tele in there as well Soooo much stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
    Remember, the auction hit is 25% above selling price, then another 3%, then shipping. Still though, there is Don Mare tele in there as well Soooo much stuff
    I thought it was closer to 15% buyers premium, but I guess everyone is raising their rates recently. I did figure in tax and shipping though. I assume shipping is somewhat overpriced compared to buying the same sort of gear from any other sort.

Still, if you look at their past auctions, their "estimates" actually usually end up being close to what they go for, so there are still some great opportunities there.

Some of the lots could be great deals, the tour racks and pedal lots were they aren't breaking the pieces up and selling individually are cool. Some of the rack lots have like, one unit that is way more desirable than the other shit in the rack like a Space Echo.

Which ones are you bidding on?

ME: Fender Telecasters
    MA: Emerald X20 Artisan
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Mk IVa / Hartke HyDrive 2

I'm bidding on lot 492, a '67 Super Reverb amp. But the Don Mare Tele (Lot 696) is the one I would go for if it would end up less than $3K

https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-de...12%3Fpage%3D15

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

There's some killer '80s Japanese stuff in there, too. Even with the premiums, I'll bet some of this stuff ends up going for good deals.