NPD: Noisemaker perhaps...

Thread: NPD: Noisemaker perhaps...

ME: Ibanez RGs
    MA: Cordoba Custom Flamenco
    MB: Ibanez SRs
    Rig: 5153 / Kemper

NPD: Noisemaker perhaps...

I was set in just going in and out of the store with just the Apranoid as a noisemaker pedal. But the store also got me to try out the Meris Hedra. Trying them back to back, they're not remotely the same but, I did enjoy the Hedra with all the ridiculous sounds it can produce. The most fun was I had was turning them both on for pure dissonant carnage. But ultimately, I just wanted the Arpanoid (but I may get the Hedra down the line...).

All told, the fixed arpeggios makes this a difficult pedal for musical uses, unless you want to recreate something like Pink Floyd's On The Run, Ween's The Mollusk or Tim Folin's Solstice/Equinox soundtrack. But it certainly begs to be plugged into odd synths and process noisy fuzzy tones. At it's most conservative settings it can create some cool detune sounds.

Not something I'll use regularly for a live rig, but definitely be a fun post production tool.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Earth Quaker Devices make a ton of really cool pedals that are one adjustment away from being useful. I've got an Organizer, and I hate that I either have to mix in a lot of dry signal, or deal with the organ sounds delayed swelling in.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: Ibanez RGs
    MA: Cordoba Custom Flamenco
    MB: Ibanez SRs
    Rig: 5153 / Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Earth Quaker Devices make a ton of really cool pedals that are one adjustment away from being useful. I've got an Organizer, and I hate that I either have to mix in a lot of dry signal, or deal with the organ sounds delayed swelling in.
    The quirkiness is what draws me into the whole EQD line. I bought the Rainbow Machine purely for post production effects because it's so odd and I use the Hummingbird for bass because it's so obscene for a tremolo pedal. I blame Juan Alderete.