Noise gates! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noise gates!

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I'm using the Sentry, since the hum killer mode is the best thing for P90s and gain that I've ever found.
    Did you ever find any of the toneprint stuff useful? I loaded it up once, but I never really had the time to fiddle with it, nor did I have the need, since the other two switch positions always worked just fine for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

I use the Zuul. The key input method makes more sense to me and it effectively works as a loop. Very killer pedal IMO.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: STL Will Putney plugin

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    I use the Zuul. The key input method makes more sense to me and it effectively works as a loop. Very killer pedal IMO.
    I cringe every time any kind of Fortin product is mentioned. The strange thing is I have never tried and of his hardware. I feel the same way about Fishman pickups. I guess all the years of bullshit products have made me hate anything that is hyped up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

What, you don't want to rip it up with a sweet set of Keith Merrell Lace Sensor Xtr33mZ bro?

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by schreckmusic View Post
    I cringe every time any kind of Fortin product is mentioned. The strange thing is I have never tried and of his hardware. I feel the same way about Fishman pickups. I guess all the years of bullshit products have made me hate anything that is hyped up.
    Yeah, Fortin is a bit overhyped. I have zero interest in any of his other pedals but I like the way the Zuul is set up. It also works pretty well. It's a bit overpriced, but I like it the most among the gates I've tried.

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: STL Will Putney plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What, you don't want to rip it up with a sweet set of Keith Merrell Lace Sensor Xtr33mZ bro?
    Ok time to show how stupid I am, I did buy his OD pedal when it came out. Needless to say I sold it shortly after.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Did you ever find any of the toneprint stuff useful? I loaded it up once, but I never really had the time to fiddle with it, nor did I have the need, since the other two switch positions always worked just fine for me.
    I have with the Flashback, since Mike found a pretty sweet tape delay that we both use. I honestly haven't done anything with the Sentry other than put it in hum killer mode and leave it on.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

I've always liked the Boss NS-2 for the precise reason a lot of people hate it - it clamps so aggressively that it actually changes the tone and feel of the preamp slightly. It's a little tighter and a gives a tiny midrange bump. Works great with rectos (when they have series loops!) And 5150s.
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.