NGD - Atomic Amplifire - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NGD - Atomic Amplifire

ME: RG 1550
    MA: ROFL
    MB: Dafuq?!
    Rig: Mesa Mark IV, Recto 2x12

I'll try. After tweaking it some more I'm finding the amp sounds are good, but the fx are hard to dial in - reverb and delay especially. It was probably Jeff - he used to own one before he jeffed it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm yet to find a modeller that sounds as good as my mark iv, and most cannot do a decent mark series tone for to save their lives.

But as Lozek said, besides cool factor, I can't be arsed anymore.
    I DOEN A BAD MURDA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    Come to the dark side. I find myself missing the mental authenticity and cool factor of tube amps, but functionally there's so much more ease of use and flexibility when I'm trying to find sounds which will fit in a mix context. I wish I was impractical enough to be a tube snob.
    Tube amps are big, need space, that's the impractical part. That and the expense of a switching system.

Otherwise, I love having amps these days as opposed to a modeler. Tweaking is fun. Plus, useful in winter when the heating breaks.

I just didn't get on with the kemper i borrowed, and should really sell the axe fx2 and buy a sansamp or something for bass

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    Tube amps are big, need space, that's the impractical part. That and the expense of a switching system.

Otherwise, I love having amps these days as opposed to a modeler. Tweaking is fun. Plus, useful in winter when the heating breaks.

I just didn't get on with the kemper i borrowed, and should really sell the axe fx2 and buy a sansamp or something for bass
    You forgot they are LOUD and you can't use them in apartments.
    Unless you go through a lined loadbox with IRs.
    Then you might as well be using moderlers/Kemper anyway

Another drawback, in case you dont have super perfect electricity in your house, they can change tone in different weathers / time of day / depending on what other powersoaking stuff is going on around the house.
    Yeah, my Engl E530 sounded different from day to day (brighter one day, darker one day) and I got sick of it and got myself a Kemper instead finally for everyday consistency

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Blackmachine
    Rig: Helix/Matrix/Zilla

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    Best thing for bass these days is the HX Stomp IMO. If I wasn't getting one of those, I'd be getting a Darkglass X Ultra.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    Another drawback, in case you dont have super perfect electricity in your house, they can change tone in different weathers / time of day / depending on what other powersoaking stuff is going on around the house.
    Yeah, my Engl E530 sounded different from day to day (brighter one day, darker one day) and I got sick of it and got myself a Kemper instead finally for everyday consistency
    This used to drive me insane! Get a great sound set up, take my stuff to where we would play.... sounds flat... go somewhere else.. ground noise.. back to jam room, back to normal. A electrician friend pointed out that voltage from area to area may change and some buildings have spotty grounds etc. I think it mattered a bit more back when a high gain ampp was a Marshall with a OD out front.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action