Same here. I got the 12. Bigger is better right? Lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Fernandes Ravelle
    MB: Yamaha TRBX305
    Rig: Digitech GSP1101

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I was going back and forth with going modeler for a month or so. Was going to get the stomp but ended up getting a Mooer GE-150. It was a lot cheaper to dip my toe in to digital and I am impressed. I paid less than $500 for the Mooer and a headrush powered cab, and honestly believe you could easily do small gigs with these little modeler setups no problem.
    I was on the fence about getting an HX as well but the price tag here in Canada is just a bit too steep for me. I then started looking at the Mooer GE line and was pretty impressed with the list of amps avaliable on the GE300 vs the GE200 but the 300 is over $1,000 CDN..

That's when I thought about the Preamp Live!

It has a dozen od/dirt pedals, 102 amps, 10 'power amp' sims and 12 slots for 3rd party irs. On the down side, it only has 12 memory slots to save 'patches' but after playing around with it for an hour or so, it's TOTALLY worth the money. Initial standouts for favorite amp sims would have to be the Randall Satan, VHT Pitbull, PRS Archon, Engl Blackmore and the Mesa JP2C. I can see why the micro amp pedals are so popular because the tones out of this thing are pretty decent considering the price.

ME: LTD H7, KM6, S540LTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Spinedriver View Post
    I was on the fence about getting an HX as well but the price tag here in Canada is just a bit too steep for me. I then started looking at the Mooer GE line and was pretty impressed with the list of amps avaliable on the GE300 vs the GE200 but the 300 is over $1,000 CDN..

That's when I thought about the Preamp Live!

It has a dozen od/dirt pedals, 102 amps, 10 'power amp' sims and 12 slots for 3rd party irs. On the down side, it only has 12 memory slots to save 'patches' but after playing around with it for an hour or so, it's TOTALLY worth the money. Initial standouts for favorite amp sims would have to be the Randall Satan, VHT Pitbull, PRS Archon, Engl Blackmore and the Mesa JP2C. I can see why the micro amp pedals are so popular because the tones out of this thing are pretty decent considering the price.
    That's sweet -what did it run you versus the HXS? One of the things I love about the HXS is all the amp choices. Never thought I'd land on it, but so far my faves are the Ubershall and the Soldano lead. Thought for sure I'd be a 5150/Recto/JCM900 guy, but dig the others. Either way, it's definitely really cool to have the variety instead of being married to one amp - especially for the size and price.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.