N(HX)D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N(HX)D

ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

N(HX)D

After going back and forth multiple times over whether to get a modeler or a profiler, I had three friends come up to me in a short timespan and all, independent of one another and not knowing I was wrestling with this, tell me I needed to get a Line 6 HX Stomp.

Then, a buddy asked if he could buy my 6505mh. Then one of the guys who told me about the HX (who happens to work at GC) made me a great deal on my HD500X. And, oh yeah, GC sent me an email with this limited edition, blue steel baby, and I'm a sucker for blue steel...

Now I have to figure out how to use it to write an entry for SAW this week... and figure out what to do with all the space I cleared on my desk.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Carvins
    MA: Larrivee
    MB: Ibanez BTB675M
    Rig: 2 Year Old Son

Congrats! I need to look more in to that one since I "need" to pick up something else to mess with

Quote Originally Posted by NickS View Post
    Congrats! I need to look more in to that one since I "need" to pick up something else to mess with
    Yes, the same way I needed this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

I remember hitting the road with an old band of mine years ago, and our gear filled a whole trailer. If I were playing in a band on the road this decade, I'd just have a small rack with 2 or 3 of these on a tray and call it a day. The HX Stomp might be the most compact & fully functional rig ever made. The future is amazing. Great score on the blue one!

ME: PRS
    MB: VM Jazz
    Rig: JCM800

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I remember hitting the road with an old band of mine years ago, and our gear filled a whole trailer. If I were playing in a band on the road this decade, I'd just have a small rack with 2 or 3 of these on a tray and call it a day. The HX Stomp might be the most compact & fully functional rig ever made. The future is amazing. Great score on the blue one!
    Absolutely. I'm floored by what this little thing can do and I've barely scratched the surface. I wonder how long it will be before there are phone amps that can do what this does...

Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks! Definitely a top five gear purchase for me along with my 91 S540LTD, my JCM900 stack (back in the 90s), my SM58 which I'm convinced will still work after nuclear armageddon, and the 6505mh that I sold to buy this.

ME: Washburn N7
    Rig: Peavey 5150

I was going back and forth with going modeler for a month or so. Was going to get the stomp but ended up getting a Mooer GE-150. It was a lot cheaper to dip my toe in to digital and I am impressed. I paid less than $500 for the Mooer and a headrush powered cab, and honestly believe you could easily do small gigs with these little modeler setups no problem.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    headrush powered cab
    You get the 1-12" or the 1-8"? I got the 12" because the traditional guitarist in me said so, but the guy I bought it from said he runs a pair of the 8" in stereo and he can stuff the both of him under his arm and carry the amp in the other. With all the volume I'm getting and no trouble with bass response, I'm wondering if I could get by with an 8" instead.
    Argbadh - RHLC©