PSA: Sewell Deadbolt Plugs = Ultimate Solderless Plugs (Better than George Ls, etc.)

Thread: PSA: Sewell Deadbolt Plugs = Ultimate Solderless Plugs (Better than George Ls, etc.)

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

PSA: Sewell Deadbolt Plugs = Ultimate Solderless Plugs (Better than George Ls, etc.)

First off, they don't make these mechanisms in mono 1/4th inch, which is a fucking shame. Only as spades or banana plugs, they offer other solderless mechanisms, but the "deadbolt" ones are the good ones. There are RCA ones too, but those are more complex, though the same secure mechanism. I ordered a bunch of the banana plugs off amazon for rewiring all my speaker systems, and it's rare that I'm impressed by a product design that elegant.

Hope they reconsider. Will have to dispatch them an email soon seeing if they would consider expanding to other formats.

The design is way better and overall more secure than any of the other solderless connecters I've seen. Most of which use screws and wimpy stuff like that. These are fucking bombproof. It's a little difficult to explain, but you basically thread the stranded wire through the bottom part, fold it over the teeth, and screw the top back on. Ultra fucking secure.

If anyone knows solderless 1/4 connectors that use the same mechanism instead of the George L or Evidence style thing, link me. Normally I wouldn't trust anything solderless as much as something soldered, but these are so secure and make such good contact I absolutely love them. Cheap too. All metal construction. If they made these in 1/4th, right or angled, I would buy a shit ton post haste.

https://sewelldirect.com/products/de...15275398266926

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Not bad! Of course, guitar leads don't have that many strands as shown in those pictures, so it may be difficult to get them to bend over nicely like that... but it's not a bad alternative method