Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Black Friday deals 2019

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Rev Drucifer 
#1 ·
Anything good out there yet that I do not need to buy but will anyway? Izotope usually has good deals on Black Friday.

#7 ·
Native Instruments is, as usual, 50% off pretty much everything. They're Black Friday sales are always awesome.

Upgraded to Kontakt 6.
Ni is awesome. You'll want to see the price of Komplete series and the price of the things you want. Sometimes its better to get the Komplete series even if you aren't going to use it all. You might end up finding something really cool that you'll end up using a lot.

#8 ·
Anyone find any other deals? Looking for pickups and electronics. Got a smoking deal on some Celestions for my Marshalls yesterday and a Hipshot 7 string bridge for my Franken7. But those were just Reverb and GC deals. (Use GC coupon code 18off for 18% off)

#12 ·
25% on Fye's website. Just bought a used Dream Theater "Train of Thought" for 4$.

Nuclear Blast has got a cool sale on their website as well. CD's & DVD's well priced and etc.

#15 ·
I took advantage of the GGD deal and got the Matt Halpern pack. I love the drum sounds on the newest Peripehery album and was getting really tired of what I had in EZDrummer 2. Then several hours of computer BS ensued. I had to download Native Access to get Kontact 6, NA wouldn't work on Yosemite (I haven't updated my Macbook Pro since then because I don't feel like dealing with all the bugs that inevitably show up). I wasn't about to download Catalina because Logic nor Waves are supported for it yet and Mac made it a pain in the ass to get previous OS's. Finally get High Sierra to download and had to back up the entire computer (I generally only back up my Logic sessions)....it was nearly 12 hours later when I finally got GGD to make a sound. And then I had to spend a day setting up the MIDI map because there's a lot more cymbals than EZD and none of my MIDI's were lining up.

Happy with the drum sounds though. I'm finally getting back in the studio regularly after nearly a year of barely going in there and it's nice to have something new to dick around with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.