Tosses TS into the bin. New OD day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tosses TS into the bin. New OD day

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

Tosses TS into the bin. New OD day

After drooling over a bunch of videos and 15% off at Guitar Center I could no longer ignore the siren song of. The Plumes overdrive.

Holy fucking shit does this thing RIP. It's like a ts on steroids. It tightens but doesn't lose the bass in mode 3.

Mode 2 is a wicked clean boost that works great with the guitars volume control.

Mode1 is nasty. Lots of added grit and compression.

All 3 modes sound great and have a lot of flexibility. The tone control has a huge range of adjustment.

It has a ton of extra oomph the level control really goes to 12. Tons of headroom in this in all three modes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: PRS
    MB: VM Jazz
    Rig: JCM800

Congrats!

ME: Jackson SL3X
    Rig: Blackstar ID TVP 150

sounds awesome and now I want one!

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: STL Will Putney plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetta View Post
    After drooling over a bunch of videos and 15% off at Guitar Center I could no longer ignore the siren song of. The Plumes overdrive.

Holy fucking shit does this thing RIP. It's like a ts on steroids. It tightens but doesn't lose the bass in mode 3.

Mode 2 is a wicked clean boost that works great with the guitars volume control.

Mode1 is nasty. Lots of added grit and compression.

All 3 modes sound great and have a lot of flexibility. The tone control has a huge range of adjustment.

It has a ton of extra oomph the level control really goes to 12. Tons of headroom in this in all three modes.

lets hear what it does compared to a TS brah

Quote Originally Posted by schreckmusic View Post
    lets hear what it does compared to a TS brah
    Ok vs a tradutional TS

Mode 3is the closest setting to a ts

The tone control works differently as it has a whole lot more range and enables you to add back in the bass that a traditional ts loses without it getting flabby. The entire range of the tone control actually sounds good, instead of the typical set it at noon or else it sounds like ass. The pedal has fantastic clarity.

The output is a ton higher than traditional ts. I think like 12 o clock on this is equal to a traditional ts with the level maxed.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

I hope you didn't literally toss your TS in a bin...

EarthQuaker have been pretty popular for a couple years now, haven't they? Never heard one in person, but I've heard YouTube clips of some of their stuff. Most of it sounds pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    I hope you didn't literally toss your TS in a bin...

EarthQuaker have been pretty popular for a couple years now, haven't they? Never heard one in person, but I've heard YouTube clips of some of their stuff. Most of it sounds pretty good.
    Lol no not actually. It is an Eno mini TS clone and worked pretty well. My board is getting tight on space so it may end up on a shelf, but I won't toss it in the trash

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetta View Post
    Lol no not actually. It is an Eno mini TS clone and worked pretty well. My board is getting tight on space so it may end up on a shelf, but I won't toss it in the trash
    You could just give it to someone too. I know I would've been ecstatic if someone had just given me a tube screamer (original, clone, or otherwise) back when I first started playing. Or if it was pricey, sell it?

Don't throw away your pedals... even if they're not that great.