NCD: Line 6 Powercab+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 9

Thread: NCD: Line 6 Powercab+

  1. #1


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: London ONT
    ME: PRS
    MB: VM Jazz
    Rig: JCM800

    iTrader: 1 (100%)

    NCD: Line 6 Powercab+



    The move over to digital is complete. The only other time I'll have to carry my 412 is to the vehicle of whoever buys it. Great cab, never let me down, weighs a ton .

    This cab is in pretty good shape - couple of minor scuffs but no big deals. I got the L6 Link cable with my LT so I'm able to use the IR swap feature of this thing. I'm not sure that I will .

    I can't comment on how it sounds at band volumes since I don't have anything on the go yet. Expect an update when that changes. I made a couple of bass presets today - it held up well given the low volume and standard tuning. I have a rumble 40 V3 for any bass jam opportunities that arise.

    Once I'm ready to get back out there, I won't have to scramble to build a setup for it .
    ________________________________________
    Needs Sleep

  2. Thanked by:


  3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  4. #2


    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: Madison, WI
    ME: RG560
    Rig: DV Mark/Orange

    iTrader: 0

    Looks slick! What's the deal with these things? Is it FRFR, or does it sound like a normal cab?

  5. #3


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Boston, MA
    ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

    iTrader: 34 (100%)

    Nice dude, enjoy!

  6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  7. #4


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: London ONT
    ME: PRS
    MB: VM Jazz
    Rig: JCM800

    iTrader: 1 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by T Gobbs View Post
    Looks slick! What's the deal with these things? Is it FRFR, or does it sound like a normal cab?
    These are FRFR. They are different than the regular powercab in that you can load IR's, switch IR's remotely with the Helix, and possibly the provided cab sims as well. The first setting is flat so you can run whatever you want into it. I went online and found an update for it last night, so now there's more cab models for me to mess with which is nice. I will always appreciate good updates to modellers .

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Nice dude, enjoy!
    I've played more guitar for myself in the last 48 hours than I have in the last month, and that includes when I bought the aerodyne. I'd say things are working haha.

    Next steps are finding a different high gain tone I like and building a useable fuzz/doom tone. Not what you expect people to do with modelling tech, but whatever.

  8. #5


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: London, England
    ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

    iTrader: 4 (100%)

    I went searching as I thought this was in Wedge format from your photo, just realised you had it tipped backwards. I'm currently mulling over stage monitors for the couple of different modellers I use.

  9. #6


    Join Date: Oct 2016
    Location: Greensburg, IN
    ME: Jackson SL3X
    Rig: Blackstar ID TVP 150

    iTrader: 0

    congrats on the sweet new gear! I've been looking at these things for a while.

  10. #7


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Kitchen/Laundry Room
    ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    I went searching as I thought this was in Wedge format from your photo, just realised you had it tipped backwards. I'm currently mulling over stage monitors for the couple of different modellers I use.
    Killer, killer cabinet but pricey for monitoring if you're going to be running DI FoH anyway, unless you have a use for having the local IR loading in your monitor.

    I've been running the Headrush 112 and don't have any complaints, especially for basic monitoring. It's skull splitting loud, I'd almost consider the 1x8 if I was using it solely for stage monitoring. L6 would be more in the running for me if it were there for the purpose of facing the audience but if it's just sitting at your feet, the HR (or Alto) are hard to beat for the price.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

  11. #8


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: London, England
    ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

    iTrader: 4 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Killer, killer cabinet but pricey for monitoring if you're going to be running DI FoH anyway, unless you have a use for having the local IR loading in your monitor.

    I've been running the Headrush 112 and don't have any complaints, especially for basic monitoring. It's skull splitting loud, I'd almost consider the 1x8 if I was using it solely for stage monitoring. L6 would be more in the running for me if it were there for the purpose of facing the audience but if it's just sitting at your feet, the HR (or Alto) are hard to beat for the price.

    Yeah, I've had my eye on the Headrush stuff for a while. I'm running IEM's but want something to give a bit of controlled feedback. I think a change of soundman may be making the whole thing irrelevant anyway though, as I can actually start getting what I want from the stage wedges.

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge