What to do with my rig? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What to do with my rig?

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

The only time my Engl's didn't cut through was when my other guitar player brought his fucking Sunn rig, a Beta Lead and a 2x15. There is none louder.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: MB TriAxis > 50/50

Sunns cannot be fucked with.
    [Leon] 10:03 pm: She can poop on my chest anyday

ME: Waghorn
    Rig: Mesa/Boogie Mark III

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Hmm... so I tried to dig up the manual (couldn't located it on Boogie's site), and it didn't say. I checked out some backpanel pictures, and I do not see a mix knob. This means the loop is likely serial, and this send-level-stuff you're seeing is more related to overloading pedals that people might put in the loop.

So actually, your issue may be that you're overloading your MS-3? I'm not sure . However, Boogie customer support is pretty awesome, so just give them a call (with your amp's serial number handy) and they can walk you through your FX loop, and how to best setup the amp to accept the MS-3.

And then post-back and let us know how the call went
    Actually I haven't tested the ms-3 with the Mesa yet I just thought the amp had a serial loop since it didn't have a mix knob and then got really confused after reading the manual...

I'm gonna take the ms-3 to our practise room soonish and see how it goes together with my Mesa. Honestly I'm not super optimistic about this whole thing. Maybe I'll just sell the ms-3 too and start looking for Axe Fx or something...
    http://www.facebook.com/vermivoreband

My thrashy death metal band.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Oh I see

Yeah, let us know how it sounds!

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

I think NOT having a mix knob indicates series generally.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: RG 1550
    MA: ROFL
    MB: Dafuq?!
    Rig: Mesa Mark IV, Recto 2x12

the mark series have series loops throughout i think. I know the IV and V are series, and i'm pretty sure the III is as well. As Leon said, the send level is just the volume level coming out of the fx loop into your pedals - so if you overload the input of your fx unit, you can either dial down the input level on the fx unit (assuming it has one) or dial down the level on the fx send from the amp.
    I DOEN A BAD MURDA.

ME: Waghorn
    Rig: Mesa/Boogie Mark III

I've been too lazy to do anything about this yet, except I have looked for a new amp on a couple sites. I came across a Mesa stiletto for a decent price (deuce stage II). I know there's a couple of dudes here with stilettos. How's loop on that thing? Quick search on the internet and it seems it's at least ok? I can't test the amp since it's not on sale locally.

Love my Stiletto Deuce II

The loop is series, and has a send level knob, which may help with your issue.

Thing is, if you want a Marshall sound, but Mesa reliability, this is your amp. Ch2 Tite Gain has 2203 written all over it, and the Raw mode in both Ch1 and Ch2 are straight-up JCM800 in circuit design. Ch2 Fluid has a recto pre circuit design, but with Marshall power stage feel.

If you've never gotten along with a Marshall, you might not like it.

Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production

VigLink badge