Neural multi-effects floor unit - Page 51
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051

Thread: Neural multi-effects floor unit

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Steven Wilson wouldn’t be interested anyway; judging by the new hot garbage he’s releasing, he doesn’t play guitar anymore anyway
    He's admitted that. He got bored with guitar and wrote all of the new album on keyboards.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    He's admitted that. He got bored with guitar and wrote all of the new album on keyboards.
    I know. And so far, it's awful.

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I know. And so far, it's awful.
    I think it's somehow a bit arrogant of him to assume that just because he can write good prog rock, that he could just decide to ditch his main instrument, take up another one and then write something worthwhile in a completely different style. Then again, he doesn't exactly strike me as the most humble of persons.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    I think it's somehow a bit arrogant of him to assume that just because he can write good prog rock, that he could just decide to ditch his main instrument, take up another one and then write something worthwhile in a completely different style. Then again, he doesn't exactly strike me as the most humble of persons.
    Oh he's definitely arrogant. That's definitely how he comes across in every single interview I've ever seen. If he's not actually like that, he's fooled me.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    He's always played both guitar and keys about equally in the studio and written on both. It's just that he's gotten bored with guitar.

Ironically, this album feels the most stale of anything he's released. I don't need guitar to be there to enjoy an album, but I do need songs that don't feel like retreads of things he did much better in earlier projects.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    He's always played both guitar and keys about equally in the studio and written on both. It's just that he's gotten bored with guitar.

Ironically, this album feels the most stale of anything he's released. I don't need guitar to be there to enjoy an album, but I do need songs that don't feel like retreads of things he did much better in earlier projects.
    Steven Wilson, having us listen to his latest "gem":

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Wilson's ear is undeniably good though. Eg here:

That guitar tone by itself in the first few bars is nasal and rubbish until the rest of the accompaniments come in. Then it's pretty much perfect. If I recall, that album is all Line 6 crap too.

So even though the tone sucks he makes it work brilliantly. I do the opposite.