Neural multi-effects floor unit - Page 9
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Neural multi-effects floor unit

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

It really is something to watch, because most majestically dramatic djent business venture failures are like, "It started off OK, but people got greedy profiteering of djent, and well, we told Icarus not to fly too close to the sun, but here we are."

This is more like Icarus aiming directly for the sun from the start and flying into it on purpose while loudly narrating the process the entire way. That's the only way you could describe a company who has no idea how to make a $2000 hardware modeler, no experience making $2000 hardware modelers, and no working $2000 hardware modelers to sell taking pre-orders on a $2000 hardware modeler.

I will definitely enjoy keeping track of how this unfolds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: PRS
    MB: VM Jazz
    Rig: JCM800

I move to make the home page a picture of Garrett holding a Jackson in front of a mountain captioned "We don't fuck around".

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Guess I know what to post about if I want to get Garrett's attention.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    It really is something to watch, because most majestically dramatic djent business venture failures are like, "It started off OK, but people got greedy profiteering of djent, and well, we told Icarus not to fly too close to the sun, but here we are."

This is more like Icarus aiming directly for the sun from the start and flying into it on purpose while loudly narrating the process the entire way. That's the only way you could describe a company who has no idea how to make a $2000 hardware modeler, no experience making $2000 hardware modelers, and no working $2000 hardware modelers to sell taking pre-orders on a $2000 hardware modeler.

I will definitely enjoy keeping track of how this unfolds.

Will "forum post" ever be a noble price category?

You will get it. Keep going

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    These pricey floorboards would be wise to take a page from the G-System book or, hell, maybe TCE should dust it off. Where they had it right in designing a floorboard that's designed to be gigged with was

1.) Having the option of having the "brain" mounted underneath the foot pedal or mounted in the rack (and it's only 1U!)

2.) If you mount the "brain" in the rack, it connects to the pedal with just one wire. Line 6 also had this right with the rack mount PODs and a single Cat5e to power and communicated with the FBV.

3.) The thing was built like a tank. No, literally. Remember in the promotional video, they literally ran it over with a tank?
    Quoting this because it's worth repeating. The first piece of gear I've ever owned where it was always able to do what I wanted, not a single 'If only it could do irritating task X', design decisions made to make it integrate well with almost all other companies products. If I was ever running heads again I would get another G-System in a second, even now on occasion when I want to do something in my rig, I realise the G-System could have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    Guess I know what to post about if I want to get Garrett's attention.
    I quickly googled "Axe fx forum neural" to see if I was the only one calling bullshit on this and got several different links to pages that read "thread deleted", so I'm guessing the answer to that one is no.

I also got bombarded with this youtube ad at least three times, which reveals that although they haven't yet finalized the design of the actual unit, they know where they are putting their pretentious quoted stanzas from Ozymandias already.

Considering they already used a pretentious Alan Kay quote on their official roll out page, this doesn't look good in terms of the "cliche'd inspirational quotes to actual content" ratio indicative of vaporware.

Although to their credit, they were able to restrain themselves from using the most pretentious Alan Kay quote in their roll out, and went for one of the slightly less pretentious ones.

Although they might just be saving the more pretentious one to print on another circuit board, we don't know yet.

Presumably the Ozymandias quote printed on the circuit board was their second choice.

Originally I'm sure they wanted to go with,

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds"

But they weren't sure whether crediting it to Robert Oppenheimer or the Bhagavad-Gita was more appropriate.

And then I'm sure someone pointed out, "Hey, do we really want a quote related to the atomic bomb printed on these circuit boards when we are having them manufactured in Asia?".

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

I don't think my Fractal stuff or my Kemper has anything written on the circuitboard.

Do I still get the benefits of inspirational quotes if I just scribble something on there myself? I was thinking something along these lines here:

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Shore
    Weeeeze the Ju-uuuuuice