G3N into amp and recording with studio monitors

Thread: G3N into amp and recording with studio monitors

G3N into amp and recording with studio monitors

I just picked up a Zoom G3N that I need to hook up to my amp. I need a cable. I was thinking...Kirlin,Livewire or maybe even Mogami. So my question is, will these better cables give me a higher quality of sound???? I know the better cables will eliminate line interference but what about the overall sound quality?

I also plan on doing some recording. I have a set of JBL Studio Monitors that I'm also going to want to some recording. So once again the same question applies...I could grab some cheap cables but will I get better sound by spending more money?
    This also brings another question, hooking up the G3N to the Studio Monitors will instrument Cables do the job or will I want Speaker Cables?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

https://www.metalguitarist.org/forum...dolecek70.html

Did you forget your password?

Short version is that high end cables are mostly snake oil. I'm not familiar with the G3N but if it has balanced outs and your monitors have balanced in then you want to use balanced cables. Something like this:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=4793

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: MB TriAxis > 50/50

Chris is right. I buy Livewires because I can get them from my local GC and they're quality. Monoprice sells decent cables too. Don't buy expensive cables.
    [Leon] 10:03 pm: She can poop on my chest anyday

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|Überschall

Mogami, Canare, Belden, Gepco level cable is not snake oil, IMO. Monster is, and basically all of the "audiophile" cables are.

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: MB TriAxis > 50/50

Those brands and just quality made bulk cable. They're not Monster cable, or whatever is advertised in the audiophile magazines.

I think Livewires uses Belden or Belden like cable, and slaps Neutrik plugs on it. Good shit that's easy to find.

ME: 02 NAMM Jackson RR
    MA: Takamine 12
    MB: Spector Euro 5
    Rig: SLO|Road King|Überschall

If you have a soldering iron, and a few hours, you can save a shit-ton of money on cables. Just buy some cable and connectors and go to town. You'd save at least 50%.