Routing Advice (ENGL, 2:90, GSP content)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Routing Advice (ENGL, 2:90, GSP content)

Routing Advice (ENGL, 2:90, GSP content)

I have too much random gear sitting around not getting use so I want to assemble it into a few different rigs to have some plug and play options.

Here's my latest shower thought: I have 2 engl e530 preamps, and 2 gsp1101 units sitting idle. I want to run those into a Mesa 2:90 and out to two 4x12 (or 2x12). Can I run both amps through both GSP units (one right side, one left) and then spit both those into the 2:90 channels? I was thinking I can get dual stereo sounds on each side. Should I just be running 2 heads into one GSP, or 1 head to both GSP? I have some ABY and loop routing pedals I could use as well.

I feel like there must be some configuration to employ all 5 units but I might be making it needlessly complicated.

Please let me know if this is stupid, misguided or if I'm missing something obvious. How would you setup a rig if you had 2 preamps, 2 multis and a 2:90 shamefully gathering dust?

Spoiler
    Jesus dies at the end....

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

My main rig is an E530 -> 2:90

I also have a gsp1101 in my deskrack for quick takes and such. My advice, run both E530's if you want the flexibility of extra channels, but just one, with the gsp1101 for effects, and the 2:90 is killer.

My rig is basically... pedalboard stuff, into a controller with OD's, out to the E530 with a MXR 10-band in it's internal loop, into a loop controller with reverbs/delays, back out to the pedalboard (to complete loop with ISP Decimator), through one more reverb/delay, then back to the rack to hit a Radial Twin-City (if I want to run the 2:90 stereo, I can buffered-split from here), then to the 2:90.

I definitely dig the straight setup of e530 to 2:90, I just thought maybe I could get crazy with the duplicates.

I also realized I would need 4 outputs and potentially need to wire both cabs to stereo to really force the dual stereo option for huge sound.

I suppose instead of using the stereo options in the GSP to split the signal, I can just run each side as its own dedicated setup and then just tweak the settings to get that sweet stereo field. I.e. dial chorus on both sides to complement each other.

I'm the solo guitarist in my current project (3 piece) so always looking for ways to expand the sound we get.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

HMM... You could get a second cabinet, and run a very short delay, or modulation, into the Right channel, and put the other cab on the other side of the drummer?

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: MB TriAxis > 50/50

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    HMM... You could get a second cabinet, and run a very short delay, or modulation, into the Right channel, and put the other cab on the other side of the drummer?
    The stereo widening effect of that would be fucking immense.
    [Leon] 10:03 pm: She can poop on my chest anyday

i have enough cabs to pull it off, but my original idea was to actually have both units running in true stereo. So running each unit into the 2nd channel of the other so they're both getting a left and right feed. The problem i realized with this is that i would still have to sum each side to mono to feed into the two sides of the 2:90. So to really get it, i would need 4 output channels and either need 4 cabs, or have the cabs wired stereo so i can send 1 left and 1 right channel to each of them.

So i think i could still pull it off, but will need another stereo poweramp in play to really make it true stereo x 2.

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: MB TriAxis > 50/50

I used to switch between different preamps in a rig. Was pretty fucking cool. I used some stuff from Radial back then.

https://www.radialeng.com/product_ca...d=tonebone&all

Quote Originally Posted by zepp View Post
    I used to switch between different preamps in a rig. Was pretty fucking cool. I used some stuff from Radial back then.

https://www.radialeng.com/product_ca...d=tonebone&all
    I've got both the Twin-City and Headbone VT