Cool 1U/2U items - Recommend me some
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cool 1U/2U items - Recommend me some

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

Cool 1U/2U items - Recommend me some

Now that my Axe-2 has vacated my desk and is heading to Leon's, I have some space to fill. I have a 4U studio desk, 2x2 side by side.

I don't need any more preamps or power amps (already have the Axe-3, Kemper, Mesa 20/20, a 5150 and a 6505 combo). One side of the desk is my interface and power conditioner. What kind of nifty bits can I slap in the other side?

I thought about perhaps getting another Stroborack, but since the KPA has a strobe, the Axe-3 has an always-on tuner and I also have a Pitchblack pedal as the very first thing in my signal chain for each of them I don't think I'd actually use it much. I know a Triaxis would fit in there and carry on the MG tradition lately, but I don't think I'd really use that much either and I'd obviously need a 2:90 to go with it.

What are some nifty 1 or 2U things I can toss in here?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Sunn

Two GSP1101's?

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

Torpedo Reload? I have one and I think it's really nifty. Maybe get a nice mic pre or compressor.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Patchbays are always cool, and would go nicely in a desk and be highly usable.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c958--Patchbays

Other than that I would say just go with some sort of VU meter.

An equalizer with as many bands as possible is also a good choice. Although more ITB guys will frown on shit like that, I personally like adjusting sliders and potentiometers getter than I like adjusting things with a mouse.

Rane would be a company to look at for stuff like that. DBX as well. Although there are a lot of older companies that no longer make rack units. Electro voice and JBL both have a lot of discontinued stuff.

Crossover control is also cool if you have a set up that requires one.

ME: Fender Telecasters
    MA: Emerald X20 Artisan
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Mk IVa / Hartke HyDrive 2

Lots of (rackmount and otherwise) synthesizers allow for inputs you can then run through their LFOs and filters...not sure how useable that would really be but it's a whole world out there.
    "Oh, those jazz guys are just making that stuff up!" - Homer J. Simpson

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
    Lots of (rackmount and otherwise) synthesizers allow for inputs you can then run through their LFOs and filters...not sure how useable that would really be but it's a whole world out there.
    I don't think you are going to be able to convince Chris to get synthesizer related stuff. You can't play Heavy Metal with a synthesizer.

Of course, Iron Maiden did do two landmark albums with synthesizers shortly after Bruce Dickinson dropped that eminently quotable observation.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

The only acceptable Maiden synth is the intro to Moonchild. And I want to believe that Adrian did that with volume swells.

A synth actually is a cool idea though. The only problem is that instead of making boring shred songs nobody listens to, I'd do nothing but make boring Dimmu Borgir ripoff songs nobody listens to.