NGD of Various Goodness (Kemper, ART)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: NGD of Various Goodness (Kemper, ART)

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

NGD of Various Goodness (Kemper, ART)

First: Behold glorious desk symmetry! There will be a 6505+ on top of the cab instead of a lamp tomorrow, it just isn't here yet. And IKEA owes me a door for the cube on the left, but I digress... The bunny on the ESP is because I have a 2 year old, and when your 2 year old says that he wants his bunny to hang out on the guitar, you comply.

Anyway, I picked up an ART SLA-1 for the Fractal:

So that I could move my 20/20 to the KPA. Which I sold the toaster version of in lieu of the rack version:

The display works fine, it's just bright and poops on my phone camera. Anyway, one new power amp, one new rack and one KPA switcheroo later, my home office is getting close to where I want it to be. Perfect for all of the Never Recording Anything that I do!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: MB TriAxis > 50/50

Looks like a dream office. Kick ass. And the bunny rules too.
    [Leon] 10:03 pm: She can poop on my chest anyday

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

nice setup! I need to invest in some wall hangers.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Where's the torpedo studio. And then the amp switcher. You know these things are in your future.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    Where's the torpedo studio. And then the amp switcher. You know these things are in your future.
    They are. I just need more than one amp first to switch between.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

SLA-1 is a good unit. I don't use mine for guitar though, it's designed more for passive monitors, but a power amp is a power amp, loads of people use it for guitar. Are you using it directly into your monitors or with the cab or into wedges or something?

I assume since both of those are two channel power amps that you are using the Mesa in stereo mode on the back panel?

Since each of those power amps has two channels, you could do one channel on the 20/20 for KPA, one for Axe-FX, Same thing on the SLA-1.

IRRC you can't bridge that generation of Mesa Power amps easily. My 2:50 and 50/50 couldn't be bridged unless if you modified the actual unit.

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Your place is freaking phenomenal so nice

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    SLA-1 is a good unit. I don't use mine for guitar though, it's designed more for passive monitors, but a power amp is a power amp, loads of people use it for guitar. Are you using it directly into your monitors or with the cab or into wedges or something?

I assume since both of those are two channel power amps that you are using the Mesa in stereo mode on the back panel?

Since each of those power amps has two channels, you could do one channel on the 20/20 for KPA, one for Axe-FX, Same thing on the SLA-1.

IRRC you can't bridge that generation of Mesa Power amps easily. My 2:50 and 50/50 couldn't be bridged unless if you modified the actual unit.
    I had an SLA before and I liked it - it's really transparent. The Fractal power amp simulation is so good, I wanted something reasonably inexpensive yet still cool to run into a cab if/when I feel frisky. (That way I can just grab the rack and bring it to wherever I'm jamming with friends, etc.)

My master plan is to figure out a clean way to cable all three sources (KPA, 6505, AxeFx) to the same cab and just switch it to whichever I'm using if I feel like it. It's on my to-do list, I assume there's probably some kind of clever switcher out there. If I had a bigger office I'd put a 4x12 on each side, but the side you can't see in the above pic has windows on it. And a pack & play for my son that I totally rolled out of the way for the pics.