9:13 into the video:

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

LOL

I didn't watch the entire video, so I don't know what the context is, if it's a joke or real or whatever.

But even if it was real it's not a big deal. Mesa's transformers aren't made by Mesa, they are made by Mercury Magnetics, Mesa stamped tubes aren't made by Mesa, etc. etc. etc.

In both those cases, you can just buy the part directly from the real manufacturer cheaper.

I doubt some Mesa dude is waiting on a loading dock in a trenchcoat with the collar turned up waiting to hijack a shipment of "two notes chips". They obviously have an agreement, like they do with every other company they get components from.

I mean, I fail to see how this is a scandal. No company makes all their own components from scratch. Every amp out there has ICs from Texas Instruments or Motorola.

That's like cracking open an amp and seeing Texas Instruments chips and being like, "MARSHALL IS STEALING FROM THE CALCULATOR PEOPLE".

I mean, I suppose it's a shock if you were a hardcore Mesa fan who vehemently denies that Mesa has ever done anything that is overpriced or lackluster, but as someone who just ordered a set of their track lock casters like two months ago for a non Mesa cab from their site for $120, yeah I can believe it.

Tracklocks rule, but they are just a collection of parts you can buy at the hardware store if you know what to look for. Mesa just bundles them and sells them.

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

I'm now waiting for the Triaxis 2, powered by Fractal.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Seriously, a huge amount of amps feature ICs made by Motorola.

No company in the same segment of the market as Mesa makes their own ICs. Two notes isn't making their own ICs either, the chips are made by one of the industry titans.

Interior view of the glorious Motorola ICs in my Ampeg.

No company actually builds their shit from scratch.

The companies that make the stuff at the most basic level like caps and ICs and shit are all massive industry titans like TI or Motorola or Sprague.

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

Well, obviously, I just think it's funny that we call it a shittier Two Notes and then it ends up being literally a shittier Two Notes.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    Well, obviously, I just think it's funny that we call it a shittier Two Notes and then it ends up being literally a shittier Two Notes.
    yep that's the joke

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

The irony being that Glenn Fricker is only One Note
    Argbadh - RHLC©

Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production

VigLink badge