Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Fractal FM3 headphones jack (not on first Batch)

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Vince 
#1 ·
"Units from the first production run of FM3 have no headphones jack or circuitry. These units are functionally identical in every other way to later production units with a headphones jack (expected April, 2020). To reduce the wait for the many customers who don't care about this feature, we decided to offer these units at a reduced price rather than partially scrapping them ($949 vs 999). There would be no way to upgrade.

The positive take on this is that those who don't want this feature can get a unit sooner; those who do want this feature will have fewer people in line in front of them."

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-headphones-jack.158475/

Better start selling now as it is before more people abandon ship...:cool:

#7 ·
If you're running into the house at a gig, the headphone jack can double as an in-ear monitor. I've been considering running my little Mooer Preamp Live like that, snaking a guitar cable with a long headphone cable so I basically have my own in-ear monitoring from my pedalboard. If I was going direct to the house, not using an amp and cab, that'd be the way I'd go for sure.

So I'd wait for the second FM3 release in that case :yesway:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.