ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

You gonna fill that up?

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    It's sick as fuck. Walrus is my second favorite "boutique-ish" brand behind Catalinbread. That said, I wish I had sprung for one of the colored versions. They made a limited edition red and green arp.

The only Delay pedal I like as much is the Caroline Lo-Fi one, but this one has more options as well as a Lo-Fi mode. It has some really cool uniquish features too. The switches both have momentary functions. You can hold one down to temporarily set repeats to infinite on a particular note or something.

That being said, it ends up being more expensive than just the pedal, because if you actually want to use if with precision you have to get a separate clock pedal. Since all it has for adjusting timing is tap tempo. I don't care how good you are at doing tap tempo, you can't hit a BPM exactly on the nose tapping it in.
    yeah the tap tempo on the avalanche run is kind of frustrating i totally get it. That clock is a great solution to the problem.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Make the next one out of poured concrete
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    You gonna fill that up?
    I'm a pedalboard minimalist. Delay and reverb are all you really need IMO.

I do use a fuzz up front too, for lead sounds, used in the David Gilmour Big Muff fashion. It's not necessary, but often I like it more than a high gain channel for leads.

The only other things I would get would be the Walrus Tremolo or another Mel-9 or similar unit.

I had the Mel-9 and the C-9. Shit tons of fun, but for actual recorded mellotron or hammond sounds I play them on keys into NI's Kontakt. Great units though.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Make the next one out of poured concrete
    I was thinking the next one would just be made out of a full moose skeleton.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetta View Post
    yeah the tap tempo on the avalanche run is kind of frustrating i totally get it. That clock is a great solution to the problem.
    Yeah, the Disaster Area clock pedal I got is cool. I recommend grabbing one if you have a pedal that could benefit from it.

I wasn't happy about paying $100-150 (I think it $120ish or something, they make a more expensive one with 6 outs) for an extremely situational accessory like that that is basically something that controls another pedal, but if you have more than one pedal you want to sync to the same BPM they are very useful.

As far as recording or precision goes, you can't hit something specific like 123 BPM by tapping it in or with a standard knob included in the same pedal. You can tap in something close, but there is no way to hit it exactly. Even if you do, which isn't impossible, there is no way to know what BPM you tapped in.