TC Plethora X5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TC Plethora X5

the fact that they were smart enough to include midi switching was enough for me. That and essentially getting 12 TC pedals (and basically unlimited toneprints for variations) would justify the $400 tag. I already have a few of the included pedals, but this comes across as a nice little package and flexible enough to be useful.

Only other thing i would ask for on it is amp switching options, but if i can get around that with the midi.
    Spoiler
    Jesus dies at the end....

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That does seem to their MO. Although the G-Force wasn't that bad, literally everything else is.
    I never had a Force, but I had a G/Maj, a G/Maj2, and a Nova System. Of the three, I liked the sound of the Nova the best but hooooleeeeeefuck was it a nightmare to edit.

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I never had a Force, but I had a G/Maj, a G/Maj2, and a Nova System. Of the three, I liked the sound of the Nova the best but hooooleeeeeefuck was it a nightmare to edit.
    They basically copied the interface of the G Force in the Axe FX Standard and Ultra. If you've used those, you've used the G-Force. I had a G-Force in my rack for a decade. It was nice, but as soon as I stopped using it I noticed the huge amount of tone suck from it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    They basically copied the interface of the G Force in the Axe FX Standard and Ultra. If you've used those, you've used the G-Force. I had a G-Force in my rack for a decade. It was nice, but as soon as I stopped using it I noticed the huge amount of tone suck from it.
    Aaah I didn't know that. That's WAY better than the g/major.

I wonder if the X5 designation is just for marketing or if it means they're going to be releasing other versions down the road.

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

Quote Originally Posted by TheKindred View Post

I wonder if the X5 designation is just for marketing or if it means they're going to be releasing other versions down the road.
    they said in the video comments on the video i linked that they were considering smaller units (like 2 pedals instead of 5) They also mention more deluxe one with polytune buit in.

I am guessing that they want to cover as many price points as possible.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would like that demo video a lot more without that annoying dubstep-y bassline.

ME: Fernandes Ravelle
    MB: Yamaha TRBX305
    Rig: Digitech GSP1101

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetta View Post
    they said in the video comments on the video i linked that they were considering smaller units (like 2 pedals instead of 5) They also mention more deluxe one with polytune buit in.

I am guessing that they want to cover as many price points as possible.
    I could get behind and X3 for sure. I already have the HOF and Triple Flashback, so I could sell them off and easily afford a smaller version. It would just save a lot of pedal space and save me the hassle of buying a Corona Chorus.