Strymon Sunset Dual Overdrive - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strymon Sunset Dual Overdrive

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    "Series, reverse series, and parallel drive circuit stacking via Config switch"

"Ah yes, Reverse Series mode, I'm going to use that all the time"
    That actually makes a lot of sense - do you want to run the Texas into the JFET, or the JFET into the Texas, or split your signal and run it into both without feeding one into the other?

....which is actually a pretty nifty feature, and suddenly I want this a little.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    That actually makes a lot of sense - do you want to run the Texas into the JFET, or the JFET into the Texas, or split your signal and run it into both without feeding one into the other?

....which is actually a pretty nifty feature, and suddenly I want this a little.
    I eventually figured that out. It's confusing wording, since in technical terms it's still just series with the order switched. I thought it was some obscure technical term.

If you call A->B series, I don't think calling B->A "reverse series" is the correct technical jargon. It's still just series.

That's like, if you call A+B "parallel" and call B+A "reverse parallel".

I googled it trying to figure out what it was actually. "What does the technical term reversed series mean?" I thought it was an ultra advanced third kind of circuit I had never heard about. Technically I have never heard anyone call series with the order modified to so that it's the other way around "reverse series" but Strymon.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

I ended up just getting an 808 for my Mesa, and it was the right choice. It's been a while since I had an amp that actually benefitted from a boost, since I've had just the 5150 for a few years. I still may end up grabbing one of these down the road sometime but for now my quest to sniff all the corks took a turn for fiscal responsibility and I just got the correct tool for the job instead.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

I had a trimeline, sold it, was awesome though. But there was just too much going on. Shame, as it was cool, but, it's a pedal, and as such, if it needs a ui to program because buttons take ages, then it's too much hassle for me these days.

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

also, just buy a few good utility dirt pedals. trs808, a ds1 a like, maybe a swedish chainsaw death metal one, and get a few of them. then use whichever one you want for a sound. Chances are, the staples will do everything you need.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    I had a trimeline, sold it, was awesome though. But there was just too much going on. Shame, as it was cool, but, it's a pedal, and as such, if it needs a ui to program because buttons take ages, then it's too much hassle for me these days.
    I had a Bluesky and a Brigadier (reverb / delay) at the same time for a while. No UI/LCDs or anythign, all knobs. They were fantastic, I had them for one of the MG-fests at my place and I think everyone that plugged into them just did this for half an hour:

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

I'm sure it's amazing. But i'd rather have a couple ods/distortions I truly love on my board than one that does a bunch of sounds really well. Have a hard time believing I wouldn't use it if one showed up on my doorstep for free though.

ME: Forshage, EBMM
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner
    Rig: Soldano HR25, Mark V:25

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I had a Bluesky and a Brigadier (reverb / delay) at the same time for a while. No UI/LCDs or anythign, all knobs. They were fantastic, I had them for one of the MG-fests at my place and I think everyone that plugged into them just did this for half an hour:

Accurate.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion