Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Surprisingly good attenuator NGD....

2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  1 
#1 ·
So despite my better judgement, I picked up a Bugera power soak. I did due diligence and everyone seems to love this thing, though there are definitely a good amount of "I wouldn't plug anything I care about into that" people out there as well.

I have a Captor coming as well so I can A/B the two, but out of the box this thing really works great. It remains to be seen if it's going to set my amp on fire but for ~100 bucks it doesn't color the tone any more or less than my old THD did and is pretty well made.

BUGERA TRIREC INFINIUM 100W 3-Ch Valve Amp Head

See less See more
#8 ·
How are you pronouncing it? I'm pretty sure part of the reason that brand is so widely mocked it because Behringer tried to come up with something that conveyed "Italian Luxury" but instead just sounds kind of shitty.

Is it,

"Bug-era"
"Buggerrer" (British version)
"BOOOOO-JER-AH"
"BUG-AURA"

?

I don't know who came up with that idea. It's like Toyota introducing the Lexus "Luxury" subbrand, only instead of something that sounds kind of cool they went with something that sounds awkwardly shitty.

#9 ·
How are you pronouncing it? I'm pretty sure part of the reason that brand is so widely mocked it because Behringer tried to come up with something that conveyed "Italian Luxury" but instead just sounds kind of shitty.

Is it,

"Bug-era"
"Buggerrer" (British version)
"BOOOOO-JER-AH"
"BUG-AURA"

?

I don't know who came up with that idea. It's like Toyota introducing the Lexus "Luxury" subbrand, only instead of something that sounds kind of cool they went with something that sounds awkwardly shitty.
"BOOOOO-JER-AH"

#14 ·
Tangent: that name only exists because Americans are morons. In Japan, you get a luxury Toyota, but no way an American would pay a lot of money for a Toyota, so Lexus it is.

#24 ·
no way an American would pay a lot of money for a Toyota, so Lexus it is.
I don't know. City driving cars, commuter cars, sure. But they are really popular in more outdoorsy areas where AWD is required for large parts of the year. The new more "premium" trucks they have put out over the past few years are definitely hugely popular in this part of the states right now. Loads and loads of people I know buy the $40-50k ones new. The Tacomas and the Tundras or whatever.

I know a bunch of people who are fucking huge fans of the brand for longevity and durability. Toyotas obviously definitely have a reputation for lasting for fucking ever and being cost effective to maintain that is widely recognized. That's not even getting into things like gas mileage on the hybrids. Long term, shelling out for a new Toyota is probably the most cost effective car decision you can make. I think at least some Americans realize that and are willing to spend more for the fancier models.

The more premium models are definitely more popular in the Rockies and the West Coast. The more expensive models are definitely pretty popular in "Subaru Outback Towns". Places like Boulder or Park City or Bozeman where at least one in every three cars is a Subaru Outback

#26 ·
I don't know. City driving cars, commuter cars, sure. But they are really popular in more outdoorsy areas where AWD is required for large parts of the year. The new more "premium" trucks they have put out over the past few years are definitely hugely popular in this part of the states right now. Loads and loads of people I know buy the $40-50k ones new. The Tacomas and the Tundras or whatever.

I know a bunch of people who are fucking huge fans of the brand for longevity and durability. Toyotas obviously definitely have a reputation for lasting for fucking ever and being cost effective to maintain that is widely recognized. That's not even getting into things like gas mileage on the hybrids. Long term, shelling out for a new Toyota is probably the most cost effective car decision you can make. I think at least some Americans realize that and are willing to spend more for the fancier models.

The more premium models are definitely more popular in the Rockies and the West Coast. The more expensive models are definitely pretty popular in "Subaru Outback Towns". Places like Boulder or Park City or Bozeman where at least one in every three cars is a Subaru Outback
Tacomas don't count, since they're some kind of sorcery. They never die, run forever, and hold their value like nobody's business. I sold that offroad project that I built with 220,000 miles on it for $7500, and I straight up told the dude that bought it "all I do is beat the shit out of this thing, all the time". He didn't even haggle.

Tacomas are the goods. :yesway:

Attachments

#17 ·
Acura is actually a separate company, based in the US, but owned by Honda of America. Infiniti is just lipstick on a Nissan pig and neither are worthy of inclusion in a Honda/Toyota conversation. Lexus has a lot of its own parts, but is really a luxurious Toyota...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.