NP(UP)D: Elysian Trident II

Thread: NP(UP)D: Elysian Trident II

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

NP(UP)D: Elysian Trident II

Finally got myself a Black Winter a few months ago and was so overwhelmingly disappointed with it that I figured I needed to sell it and replace it asap. Since the Elysian Trident II was on my short list, I reached out to Adam and he hooked me up with a great deal on a hand wound one. It took a minute to get here, but was well worth the wait so far. And, talk about perfect timing for a new toy - right when all the shelter-in-place stuff is coming down. What? You want me to sit in my house and play guitar for 15 days? I'm on it!

The package was opened all of about .3 seconds before I had the soldering iron out and went to work on the 91 540SLTD to get the Black Winter out and the Elysian in. The guitar fought me a bit (stripped one the 29 year old pup screws and had to scrounge in my guitar parts drawer for another) but once I got it in, I did a quick eyeball height adjustment then ran it thru a 5150 preset I'd made in the Stomp for my KM7.

Right away I knew I made the right choice.

I only had a short amount of time to play yesterday after defeating the evil stripped screw monster, but got up early today to set the pup height and find another preset for it in my Stomp. I landed on one I have for my Franken7 I built to go with the Dimarzio Imperiums with the Uber and a Mesa v30 cab.

The Elysian jumped up several notches of "wow that's sick!" with the different preset. Really digging it and wish I'd grabbed one of these before the Black Winter... but now I know.

Even though it took me a while to finally pull the trigger on this, it left me wondering why more people don't buy these instead of going the 'tried and true' SD/Dimarzio route or opting for the flavor of the month boutique pickup.

This was in the pup case, and was really informative. If you haven't read it, check it out:

Here's a quick, not so well played soundbite:

Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

I’m about to start going crazy with pickup changes across 3 different guitars and may just hit up Adam and see if he’s got something going on that’ll work for me. Once I start diving into pickup descriptions I have about a 10 minute window before I get sick of hearing the adjectives. It would be so helpful if say, Dimarzio had a reference point for all their pickups, IE-

If you’ve played Evolutions (with a drop-down menu to select the pickup you’re familiar with) then these pickups differ in these ways:
    Less mids, more bass.
    More strident, less tidepod.
    Less balls, more vag.
    Etc.
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Edited OP to add sound clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    I’m about to start going crazy with pickup changes across 3 different guitars and may just hit up Adam and see if he’s got something going on that’ll work for me. Once I start diving into pickup descriptions I have about a 10 minute window before I get sick of hearing the adjectives. It would be so helpful if say, Dimarzio had a reference point for all their pickups, IE-

If you’ve played Evolutions (with a drop-down menu to select the pickup you’re familiar with) then these pickups differ in these ways:
    Less mids, more bass.
    More strident, less tidepod.
    Less balls, more vag.
    Etc.
    That would be genius... and make entirely too much sense. Hit up Adam, tell him that and he'll guide ya.