Help me find: 12" Rack drawer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me find: 12" Rack drawer

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Help me find: 12" Rack drawer

I have a shallow (12") rack that I'm going to toss on top of a cabinet, so that I can have easy access to a power conditioner to turn on my Mesa/Strymon/FM3 rig. The rack is this guy here:

https://ospcases.com/products/osp-rc...a-effects-rack

1U is the actual power conditioner, and I was hoping to find a drawer for the second spot but I'm not having a hell of a lot of luck. Either a drawer or a sliding shelf would work, but Google is letting me down.

Anyone happen to have something like this, or know where I can get one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I have a shallow (12") rack that I'm going to toss on top of a cabinet, so that I can have easy access to a power conditioner to turn on my Mesa/Strymon/FM3 rig. The rack is this guy here:

https://ospcases.com/products/osp-rc...a-effects-rack

1U is the actual power conditioner, and I was hoping to find a drawer for the second spot but I'm not having a hell of a lot of luck. Either a drawer or a sliding shelf would work, but Google is letting me down.

Anyone happen to have something like this, or know where I can get one?
    Newegg is definitely going to have it. Amazon too. Although Amazon is definitely going to be from a third party seller and Newegg is most likely going to as well.

You aren't going to find it by searching for "rack drawer" or "rack shelf" though. If you search newegg for "rack drawer" or "rack shelf" it is going to bring up like 5 results. In spite of the fact that they sell 7-8 million different rack drawers or rack shelves.

https://www.newegg.com/navepoint-003...9658-_-Product

This one looks close. I'm assuming the 19" in the title is referring to the rack standard. It says "Dimensions: 1.75"H x 17.5"W x 13.38"D ". So I'm assuming it's just over a foot deep. Searching for a specific dimension is useless. Since the helpful dimension most of them include in the listing title is 19", which just happens to be the rack standard, so is going to apply to fucking everything anyways and is useless to list.

There are a couple more dedicated rack vendors that cater to the music crowd as well as the networking crowd. Rack Solutions for one. You are probably going to have to go with a shelf though, the 1u options for drawers are scarce. 2u-4u has way more options.

Yeah I looked around quite a bit - the actual rack is literally 12" deep, so the 13.38 one will stick out the back. Not the end of the world for most people, but for me not only would my OCD never allow that, it would make the drawer a pain in the wobbly balls to open and close each time.

I had considered just buying a normal one and chopping it up to remove the sections I don't need. I have the tools to do it (and a welder) and it would be a comically useless waste of time, but if I can't find one off the shelf that's probably what I'll do.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yeah I looked around quite a bit - the actual rack is literally 12" deep, so the 13.38 one will stick out the back. Not the end of the world for most people, but for me not only would my OCD never allow that, it would make the drawer a pain in the wobbly balls to open and close each time.

I had considered just buying a normal one and chopping it up to remove the sections I don't need. I have the tools to do it (and a welder) and it would be a comically useless waste of time, but if I can't find one off the shelf that's probably what I'll do.
    Just get a crossbar or something else to fill the space. They make nice high quality rack drawers, but they start at like, $500. Any of the other shit is going to be like, the metal equivalent of tissue paper. You can't really store that much in a 1u drawer anyways. The dimensions themselves don't allow for much, and in a portable 2u rack if it's fully extended and you have something heavy in there it might make the whole thing tippy.

A 1u drawer or shelf doesn't have a ton of uses. Your probably need at least 2u for a slide out pedal thing. A 1u drawer will be able to fit like, 2 packs of strings and a couple picks. That number goes down to 1 pack of strings if you store the keys that come with the 1u rack drawer inside of it so you don't lose them.

I'm taking a wild guess here and conjecturing that you want something because an empty space is not that attractive and not because you need the bountiful storage opportunities of a 1u drawer or shelf.

I want a drawer because I do, in fact, have things I want to put in there.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

I couldn't find anything less than 13"

Why not get a standard sized rack?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I couldn't find anything less than 13"

Why not get a standard sized rack?
    The gods of neatness demand cleanliness, and a 12" rack is cleaner than a 13". The only thing going in it is a PDU which is like 6" deep. And hopefully a 12" drawer.

Well since I can't find a 12" drawer, I ordered a 10" rack case instead. Even smaller, the neatness gods will be pleased.

Guess I don't need the drawer anymore.