New Boost Day 2.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Boost Day 2.0

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

New Boost Day 2.0

Because what's better than one Strymon boost? Two! Two Strymon boosts!

I've wanted another one of these for a while now, after selling my last one to Andy. This thing is great. The only bummer is that it isn't external switchable, so I can't stuff it into a FM3 scene. Otherwise - does what it should, sounds awesome. I'll mostly use it just for the compression, since the Sunset is literally 2000% better than any other boost pedal I've ever used.

And of course...

Spoiler

YO DOGG WE HEARD U LIKE STRYMON BOOSTS SO WE STRYMON BOOSTED YO STRYMON BOOST SO YOU CAN STRYMON BOOST WHILE U STRYMON BOOST

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Forshage, EBMM
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner
    Rig: Soldano HR25, Mark V:25

How is the FM3 btw?
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    How is the FM3 btw?
    Awesome. I use it for effects only in the loop of the Mark. It's totally transparent and the usual level of Fractal goodness. The only thing it's "missing" is the sweet spectral analyzer block that the Axe-3 has.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

Orange metal finishes . Enjoy!

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Did you look at Strymon's site recently? They are actually discontinuing the OB-1 because they are releasing a new, more advanced, compressor pedal in the coming weeks. It's like, the Sunset version of the OB-1 in terms of options.

I don't know if it's "better", I don't even know if it's optical or what, but it certainly has more switching options, if you are looking for more options there.

https://www.strymon.net/products/compadre/

I did see that. They have another one now too, the Riverside. The marketing is straight out of Neural's playbook though, which makes me want it less.

Riverside is the culmination of a thorough analysis of numerous analog and vacuum tube circuits. Our goal? To deliver a new world of harmonically rich, incredibly versatile, tube-inspired drive sounds. We didn’t want to build just another distortion or overdrive. We knew we must examine what has been done, and bring a new approach to the world of drive sounds.
    https://www.strymon.net/products/riverside/

I'm not sure I'll be able to resist getting them all, however.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I did see that. They have another one now too, the Riverside. The marketing is straight out of Neural's playbook though, which makes me want it less.

I'm not sure I'll be able to resist getting them all, however.
    They had some big changes recently. Depending on who you ask, Meris is the new "Real Strymon". I don't know exactly what went down there, but one of the founders left pretty recently and some of the mega enthusiasts who run like 3-4 of their $500 units on their boards jumped ship with him.

I'm not a mega fan. But I know some Strymon enthusiasts have opinions on it. I don't know exactly what the story there is, if it was amicable or if there was bad blood or what or if he just wanted to focus more on 500 series and modular stuff or whatever. I don't know if the dude who left was the "idea guy", but that's what a lot of people apparently think. Meris came right out of the gate with like, 3-4 designs that had "next level Strymon" cred.

Yeah I'm not any kind of purist, I think that whole mindset is stupid. I just like stuff that sounds good. I was perfectly content using a GSP2101 for like 15 years, and I still think it's a super rad piece of gear today.