Musical Atrocities: Round 1 - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which of these is the worst?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uncut string ends

26 43.33%
  • Leaving the plastic sticker on LED panels

6 10.00%
  • Intentionally purchasing Line 6 products

4 6.67%
  • Extra creepy super long classical guitar pinky fingernail

24 40.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Musical Atrocities: Round 1

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    ACTUALLY. As a luthier, i can attest that the sonic return curve on a Floyd Rose equipped guitar having the ball ends still attached has an inverse effect on the gain structure of most 12AX7 tubes, depending on what music you're playing. Once you actually understand how sound and music really work together as one in true harmony, you'll see that having the ball ends on your strings creates a flux aura around the pickups and transitions inwardly with the magnetic response of the pickups.

Just give in and accept balls as your musical savior.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

This is close.... but only between the last two, and the fingernail edges out intentionally buying Line6.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

How was "not oiling your fretboard like a disgusting animal" not an option in this poll?

Started by Mr "Guitar Honey's #1 biggest fan" no less.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Worst musical atrocity and #1 pet peeve, and the only thing I hate more than people who neglect fretboards, is people who play one of your guitars and do a "neck bend" without asking you.

It's a bad enough atrocity if it's their own fucking guitar. Sadly I know a bunch of people who think this is OK. Specifically more "classic rock"/"blues" oriented players.

That's the point where you have to give them the lecture, "How would you feel if, without asking, I just came into your house, grabbed your grandmas urn from the mantle place, spilled the ashes everywhere, and then shit on the floor? Don't ever do that to a guitar of mine again."

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    How was "not oiling your fretboard like a disgusting animal" not an option in this poll?

Started by Mr "Guitar Honey's #1 biggest fan" no less.
    It's round 1, fuckstick. That means subsequent rounds to determine which is the champion of all atrocities. Like your bitchass Hot Topic patch jacket, which will no doubt appear in a later round.

PS: Guitar honey rules.

ME: DC727
    MB: SR505

Worst musical atrocity and #1 pet peeve, and the only thing I hate more than people who neglect fretboards, is people who play one of your guitars and do a "neck bend" without asking you.

It's a bad enough atrocity if it's their own fucking guitar. Sadly I know a bunch of people who think this is OK. Specifically more "classic rock"/"blues" oriented players.

That's the point where you have to give them the lecture, "How would you feel if, without asking, I just came into your house, grabbed your grandmas urn from the mantle place, spilled the ashes everywhere, and then shit on the floor? Don't ever do that to a guitar of mine again."
    I agree with the spirit of this post, but I question the equivalence of these two things

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Can we have an "all of the above"-option?

I have to admit I owned a Flextone 2 for about 13 years. It wasn't terrible by any means, certainly better than the Kustom 10 W amp I had before, but both the 6505+ and Laney IRT Studio I've owned after it are vastly superior. The worst thing about the Flextones is that they're impossible to sell - I'm now trying to sell my brother's obsolete Line 6 stuff, but nobody's showing any interest. He should have just kept the Tech 21 TM60 - that was actually a really good amp, just didn't have enough gain.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Jackson King V
    MB: WTB BC Rich Warlock
    Rig: Bogner Überschall green

a "neck bend"
    had never even heard of this before. sketchy